xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2 Pogo Pin Adapter  (Read 69 times)

xboxistheshiznit

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« on: May 08, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »

anyone know if the X2 pogo pin adapter will work with the upcoming Chameleon? thanks

staticFLINT

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »

no. made by different teams...

clold

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 11:52:00 PM »

Of course it would work.  The pogo pin add-on recreates a standard LPC header setup, just as if you weren't lazy and actually soldered a header to your Xbox motherboard.

the_Watchers_eye

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 12:14:00 AM »

Lastnight I was thinking the same thing, but for the Matrix chip and the X ecuter 2 lite...... hmm

dzv

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 01:56:00 AM »

The socket header on the MatriX chip (used for programming) is not a standard LPC header.   The pins are configured differently.  You'd need an adaptor.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 06:28:00 AM »

well we did make these adapters so that anyone could design their products to fit them

but of course they have decided not to

Ubergeek

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 06:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (dzv @ May 9 2003, 03:35 PM)
but of course they have decided not to

What do you mean by that?  Wouldn't any LPC mod work on your adaptor?

edit Provided they use the pin header/socket method

we're talking about the pogo adapter

we provided a simple socket - becuase someone else didnt use it then thats nothing to do with us im afraid

and it kinda defeats the object if you have to solder to the pogo adapter doesnt it

we started the first adapters and we were kinda hoping everyone would use the same - everyone is happy then

but of course some just dont listen - they think of $ before scene.

nasis x.

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

I don't know if it is related to the thread,
so don't start flaming...

X-Programmer is compatible with both X2 and Chameleon/Matrix.

The black side is designed for all Pin Header based mods,
while the red side is designed for Matrix/Chameleon programmer socket slot.

Our next Plug-In, will be a dual modchip plug-in,
where you will be able to hook 2 modchips,
including X1, X2, Matrix/Chameleon, Cheapmods, X-elixis Plug-Ins,
with any combination you may imagine,
while it will be fully controlable with external switch and ribbon cables,
or internal controlable with Plug-In switch!

Pogo pins adaptor though is a no solder thing...

dzv

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2003, 07:30:00 AM »

Not really...  Xodus designed a pogo-pin chip, not a stand-alone adaptor.  Xecuter release a pogo-pin adaptor, that allows any LPC device to be attached without soldering.

cdsgames

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2003, 09:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (dzv @ May 9 2003, 04:30 PM)
Not really...  Xodus designed a pogo-pin chip, not a stand-alone adaptor.  Xecuter release a pogo-pin adaptor, that allows any LPC device to be attached without soldering.

True.... but that is playing  with words.... what I am saying is that design with pogo pins was Xodus..... xecuter just copyed the whole design  and made it a stand alone

Ubergeek says that he designed an adaptor and that he hoped that everyone will use his standard.

I guess that the original developer had other plans.  tongue.gif

Ubergeek

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2003, 10:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (cdsgames @ May 9 2003, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (dzv @ May 9 2003, 04:30 PM)
Not really...  Xodus designed a pogo-pin chip, not a stand-alone adaptor.  Xecuter release a pogo-pin adaptor, that allows any LPC device to be attached without soldering.

True.... but that is playing  with words.... what I am saying is that design with pogo pins was Xodus..... xecuter just copyed the whole design  and made it a stand alone

Ubergeek says that he designed an adaptor and that he hoped that everyone will use his standard.

I guess that the original developer had other plans.  tongue.gif

???

you guys talk like children

i said the word ADAPTERS - i didnt say using pogos specifically (which is STILL the worst ever connection)

get a dictionary and educate yourself

we deisgned an unpluggable wires set / pcb solder set (x1 design) / pogo set and of course the pin header

and if you wanna start talking about "original" devlopers - dont even get me started on that one  rolleyes.gif

Ubergeek

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (cdsgames @ May 9 2003, 06:37 PM)
xecuter just copyed the whole design  and made it a stand alone

now if you want to talk about copying - then you're talking about the wrong team there

only your 3rd post and already you've rubbed me the wrong way lol tongue.gif

Ubergeek

• Archived User
X2 Pogo Pin Adapter
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2003, 11:46:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

and remember what past ??? I'm really sick of thsi speech as I have no idea what we did that was SO BAD that warrants a few of you keep on mentioning it and try to bring it up as often as possible.

im confused as to whats its all about

Is it becuase we bashed from time to time - well its part of the fun - like ppl dont do it to us - but do we cry about it - no. Group rivalry is 20years old - deal with it.

Is it because you thought us saying "1 wire WITH A SPECIAL TOOL" was misleading - that's just overactive imaginations doing way too much overtime. You still miss the point it WAS 1 wire - it WAS a special tool - it WAS the first LPC mod - and we NEVER took any pre orders sp NO ONE could complain about being "mislead" in anyway.

If its none of these then it must be the fact that we make damn good products with excellent global support. Yes a REAL shady past to be ashamed of hehe smile.gif

I also enjoy your comment about how its obscene that we're trying to look like the "good guys"

Seriousley bro this is a real childish stement. What do you mean by good guys? The fact that we give away lots of hardware and cash and support to the scene - or becuase we work very hard in producing FREE software ?

if yes then we've been doing this from day one - this "obscenity" is nothing new.

is it me or are you still pissed that I mentioned adapters and not pogos, as this is where all this started lol wink.gif

on a serious note - youve got us wrong if you have bad thoughts - if you have any input or requests or suggestions - we're listeneing and do "attempt" to pay attention from time to time.  beerchug.gif