xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?  (Read 870 times)

OUberLord

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »

maybe try directly connecting the external mod to your pc when you do?

slacker_VVV

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »

that is how I had it connected.....

rodneyX

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »

i got mine today and im kind of upset...1) they messed up my order and charged me twice. one order was mine and the other was someone elses both were 89.50(x2pro with pogo pin) altogether $179 so im in the process of getting the refund they said they will call back tommorow. 2) i tried the pogo pin adapter and not getting any luck aligning it. so im going to radio shack to get stuff to solder this weekend. but! now im discouraged becuase i checked this message board and reading all off these complaints about flashing with the could be "bad batch" of x2 pros i hope it goes well for me after i solder it in i have 2 x2 pros to try it on =)

OUberLord

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »

sad.gif

zerovelocity

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »

I also, am having the same problem, and I think that Extreme-mods should be held responsibile for it.

hargabyte

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2003, 10:53:00 PM »

ya same here.  I just got my x2pro today and I can not get the bios to flash for the life of me.  I am calling extreme mods tomarrow to straiten this out

pineapples10

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2003, 03:22:00 AM »

wow....a lot more replies........I suppose someone should contact Extreme-mods?

craigncheri

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2003, 05:26:00 AM »

a few day's ago someone brought me a x2 pro from extreme mod's to install (i've done over 70 installes now of all different chips)
I had the same problems you guy's are describing.
i plugged a different chip in the xbox that I had laying around and that worked, so the install was fine (pin header)

micubano

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2003, 05:49:00 AM »

I've been having problems with my install too. Click here to see my post. Even if all the bad chips seem to come from Extreme-Mods.com, they don't produce the X2 (do they?). They just sell them. The only thing they should be responsible for is honoring their terms of sale. They are probably going to be real busy if there is a batch of X2's that are defective since their site says they are already understaffed. Return shipping cost are going to hurt them too. Extreme-Mods should hold the X2 manufacturers responsible and get a break on some units to offset any troubles Extreme-Mods has.

madminer

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2003, 08:06:00 AM »

I order my X2pro on monday from extreme-mods and installed it on thursday. I was able to flash the chip all four slots but I think i'm having trouble aligning the pogos because the ms dash comes up no matter the dipswitch setting.

DataThief

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2003, 08:19:00 AM »

Bought mine from Extreme, arrived 3 days ago. Installed last night, flashed and loaded Evox, all with no problems. Worked first time, like a charm. Now looking at loading and configing XBMP

mindjob

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2003, 09:33:00 AM »

dry.gif  mad.gif

rodneyX

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »

yes really rude...they messed up my order i was pissed 1) because there number is long distaceso i  had to call a couple of times be cause their phone line was busy 2) they tried to tell me i ordered two when i got the receipt from the web site that said 89.50 for 1 pogo pin adapter and 1 x2 pro. they sent me someone elses order and charged me $179 altogether (wtf?)

but it all got cleared up today and they are refunding me for the extra order and im keeping the chip for a backup one i guess my friend is too scared to put it on his xbox but he might change his mind after he sees i got mine up and running

mindjob

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2003, 09:56:00 AM »

Originally, they shorted me a chip.  I ordered two, and they only sent one -- however they were very quick to fix the mistake; hopefully I'll get the same kind of response after I send these two defective chips in.

~MJ~

x-max

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of X2 Pros?
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2003, 10:11:00 AM »

I also got my x2pro and I can not get the bios to flash.

I had a LPC mod already installed which worked like a charm. I just replace the LPC with the X2Pro and try to flash using Win98, WinXP, my Dell Notebook, some BX board, a 3feet cable, a direct connection. Just everything. And I checked the soldering and the header pins with multimeter and I get all ok. Well, should for the LPC mod worked like a charme.

As the people said, I don't hink that the chip is faulty but the weird application is very very tricky. Why can' there be e.g. a simple DOS program so you can do your first batch using your plain old DOS 6.22 boot disk? Any help is really appreciated. I ain't no pro but I've gone through everything ever said and written about to slove my problem.

I even bought a 2nd X-BOX just to see how it behaves!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8