xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Xecuter2 Lite Useless?  (Read 249 times)

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

• Archived User
New Xecuter2 Lite Useless?
« on: April 04, 2003, 02:44:00 PM »

all modchips now can be reflashed by building a programmer or buying one. its very cheap to make too.

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 02:47:00 PM »

I thought you could boot a program with the cromwell BIOS to flash the modchip...

Regionfree

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 02:50:00 PM »

You flash it with the Ozxflash program. Here is a ling to where you can download from.Download here
You burn the iso on a cdrw. You also need to burn on a separate cdrw the bios which you want to flash on your chip. Once you start the Ozxflash program it will guide you through the process.

Cheers,
Regionfree

wtaag

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 10:22:00 PM »

GG... so many rooks out there thinking the mod is useless.  Its for legal reasons they dont ship with the x2 bios.  You can flash any bios like RegionFree said.  Personally... I think this new method is best for the scene.  Its like buying a cd-rw.  Of course you'll use it for legit purposes... but its up to you if you want to use it for illegal purposes as well.

st1775

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »

So let me get this straight....

I create one cd-rw with the ozxflash iso and no other files, then I create a second cd-rw with only the bios file ( in my case I want to use x2_4973_xbox1.0_err_blue_256k.bin , which is a custom color bios.)  Boot my xbox with the ozxflash cd and follow steps, insert .bin when told and follow steps.  Once the cd ejects, remove and boot xbox.  The bios I want is on the mod chip.  Right?  Then I can create a bootable iso with evolutionX and get that in or install new hdd and stuff like that.  Can someone please tell me if I'm on the right track.

Brought to my attention the Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_256k.bin is better.  Is this true??

jayda

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »

personaly id buy a X2 Pro , so u can re-flash it if anything goes wrong. im goign to order one soon as i can figure out how to order one on line.  cool.gif

Wargen

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (jayda @ Apr 17 2003, 02:45 PM)
Step 1 - Creating the OzXFlash CD
(This step can be avoided by purchasing the OzXFlash DVD from http://www.ozxchip.com) 

- Download the OzXFlash CD from the downloads section of this website and using WinZIP or any compatible extraction tool extract the ozxflashcd.iso file.

- Using your CD Burner software burn the ISO image file in UDF format in Disc-at-once mode and ensure the CD is finalized. We recommend ahead Nero.

Your OzXFlash CD should now be ready for use!

Step 2 - Creating the Bios CD

- Ensure that the bios file you wish to use is a 256k bios file.

- Make a copy of the bios file you wish to use and rename this copy to bios.bin

- Burn the bios.bin file onto a CD.
(If you have trouble reading this CD in your XBox add a file of several megabytes in size to the CD)

Step 3 - Running OzXFlash

- Turn your XBox console ON and then follow the instructions that are displayed on screen.
You will notice that the OzXFlash contains many pauses during its operation, this is by design and is to allow the DVD-Rom drive to mount the CD correctly as the XBox's DVD-Rom drives are very fussy when it comes to media compatibility.

- When the flashing procedure is complete the DVD-Rom tray will eject, remove the CD from the tray and the console will shutdown.

IMPORTANT NOTE: All Consoles should have the cover installed when booting Cromwell to ensure air flow is maintained. Boot problems and video fragmentation have been identified when the console heats up if the cover is not fitted!

Are these CDs you are talking about are DVDs, RWs, CD-Rs?

MadmanX

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 01:57:00 PM »

Damn those xecuter-team. They're making crap. mad.gif

Bought 2 X2L and was busy a whole day trying to install the chip because it won't work. Searched trough the forum and aksed about install problems and got scolded as a stupid dumb ass who couldn't get the mod chip working.
After checking, double check, triple check, nothing wrong with the soldering.
Pluged the second chip on the header and........  works!

The first one was plain broken! grr.gif

After using the second mod-chip for awhile, flashed to a newer bios.
But when I tried to flash again to a eject-fix bios, damn chip got erased and no bios.
No matter what I try, damn flash stops at 90% writing bios. (using the hot-swap with someone else's xbox)

And now they ship with useless bios on it so we have to flash it at home, they're planning to make lots of money letting people kill their xecuter. dry.gif

No wonder they called it xecuter, two chips of mine allready got xecuted. ohmy.gif

dylan tracy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

i cant get that bios thing to work... it says bad disc... but the same kind of disc boots...

it also says to rename the bios file to bios.bin but its allready a bin file...should it be bios or bios bin? and it has to be in iso for after that right?

gwoodschool

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »

can I use X2BM to make a 1mb bios file with 2 different bios to create the bios.bin file? Then use OzXFlash to put that bios.bin file created with X2BM on my x2lite?

dylan tracy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

thanx

freakycody

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2003, 08:15:00 PM »

That was a very informative tutorial you posted Jayda.  beerchug.gif  I was looking for a good one one how to use OzxFlash. It answered all my questions.  Thanks biggrin.gif

gwoodschool

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2003, 06:47:00 AM »

can I use X2BM to make a 1mb bios file with 2 different bios to create the bios.bin file???????

Then use OzXFlash to put that bios.bin file created with X2BM on my x2lite??????????????????

clold

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2003, 09:27:00 AM »

That was a very informative tutorial you posted Jayda.  I was looking for a good one one how to use OzxFlash.

Well you obviously didn't look very hard, as that tutorial was just the readme file from the OzxFlash instalation package.  Shouldn't that have been the first place you checked for instructions?

gwoodschool

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2003, 10:11:00 AM »

Someone PLEASE help me.......

Can I use X2BM to make a 1mb bios file with 2 different bios to create the bios.bin file???????

Then can I use OzXFlash to put that bios.bin file created with X2BM on my x2lite??????????????????
Pages: [1] 2 3