xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pro Vs Lite  (Read 56 times)

rjm2k

• Archived User
Pro Vs Lite
« on: April 04, 2003, 09:28:00 AM »

If you just want to run linux and don't want to flash the mod chip then a lite will be ok.  If you think you will ever want to flash the chip (with a new cromwell for example), then I'd go for a pro, because it comes with a programmer in case things go wrong.

js16fx

• Archived User
Pro Vs Lite
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »

With the pro you need to flash the bios yourself. If that's a pain for you the X-ecuter 2 lite is pre-flashed. I hope this helps.

StrongBad

• Archived User
Pro Vs Lite
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hath @ Apr 4 2003, 08:00 PM)
thanks for all the input it does help, and  flashing the pro wouldnt be a prob for me. however i do not fully understand all the diff types of bois as far as 1 meg or 2 512k bois, is it a speed differance? capability differance, this im new on. thanks for your input. oh also more specificly are there app, programs or settings that can be run with a pro and not a lite? thanks again

http://forums.xbox-s...=ST&f=9&t=42095

X-ace

• Archived User
Pro Vs Lite
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »

Not sure I got your que, but on another note, the price diff on the Pro vs Lite is not that much, so why not splurge?

Wilco

• Archived User
Pro Vs Lite
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say, but if you get the X2 pro, you don't need to add a switch.  It's on the external adapter.

Hath

• Archived User
Pro Vs Lite
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

yes i understand that, however its kind of big. i was thinking of installing it so i can still access the port. yet have to beable to access the switched which would requir a slight mod seeings how if i installed the adapter inside the case the stock switched would no longer be accessible

X-ace

• Archived User
Pro Vs Lite
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »

I was thinking of that, but since people normally don't access the rear of my xbox, I don't mind too much. It would be kind of cool if someone customer fit a black cover over it though.

X-ace

• Archived User
Pro Vs Lite
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hath @ Apr 4 2003, 09:47 PM)
check this out.

http://xbox.shallax.com

The page cannot be displayed

Megadeth

• Archived User
Pro Vs Lite
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 08:34:00 PM »

thats a nice job done with the switches and the usb mods.