xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New 4975 Bios Works!  (Read 191 times)

Marmite

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2003, 03:36:00 PM »

It does not work on this bios. XBTool is the one that is most likely to work in the future. Both it and FanCbox are available in the tools section of the X-S homepage.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »

smile.gif

echto

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2003, 04:10:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

majik655

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2003, 04:49:00 PM »

So no one has flash tsop with this bios yet?

and xbtool does not work on this yet right?

Thank you

RedWing72

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

I flashed Matrix with x2_4975 works great. laugh.gif

majik655

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (RedWing72 @ Mar 25 2003, 05:56 PM)
Hey will X2Bios Manager not work to make a colour Bios?

beerchug.gif

I flashed Matrix with x2_4975 works great. laugh.gif

I don't think it has a option to make the color bios's

Am I wrong?? I used it once.. and didn't see it.
but what do I know.  I still just want to know why xbtool won't do it.. what stops it?
heh and if a tsop has been done.. even though it works on mod chips (which are basically the same same) just want to see others do it first.. I don't like the freezing thing.

desiboywonder

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2003, 05:45:00 PM »

hey all can you flash the matrix with the method that nufan said to do? By copying over the bios file to the xbox C: drive and then using EvoX to flash the matrix? I don't have my matrix yet but i was wondering if i can flash like this when future bios releases come out instead of having to take the damn chip out and flashing by hooking up to the computer.

I guess you would have to keep it on mode 4 if i'm correct to do this right?

majik655

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2003, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (desiboywonder @ Mar 25 2003, 06:45 PM)
hey all can you flash the matrix with the method that nufan said to do? By copying over the bios file to the xbox C: drive and then using EvoX to flash the matrix? I don't have my matrix yet but i was wondering if i can flash like this when future bios releases come out instead of having to take the damn chip out and flashing by hooking up to the computer.

I guess you would have to keep it on mode 4 if i'm correct to do this right?

yes.. mode 4 will allow it to be flashed within the box.

install evox.
make sure there is a folder called bios  on the c:  so c:bios

put the bios image 256K!!! for matrix!!  in the bios folder on c:

goto system utils in evox.. the flash bios..if you did it right..you shoud see the name of the bios image you put in the c:bios folder.

highlight it.. press a.

follow instructions  it will shutdown by itself when done flashing! don't touch.

when done turn on.. and it will be working. if all is correct.

and I just flashed my tsop and a x2lite with the 4974 bios and it works great .. no hanging.

majik655

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (GaLLant @ Mar 25 2003, 06:40 PM)
<hijack>Never thought I would ask a q: like this, but do any of you actually use the flash option within the evox menu?

I've always stuck to doing the cable to my pro.

From being around computers I know that doing a software based flash is never a great idea. (Think bios + firmware).

Any thoughts?</hijack>

Anyone see the temp readings in this release at all?

I flash tsop's .. matrix.. and x2lites with evox.. NEVER a prob.. if done correctly.. and yeah its not hard to do it right.. lol

majik655

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2003, 08:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (PhDeez @ Mar 25 2003, 08:52 PM)
Ok, I have no idea how to flash this thing.  I've read the little "mini" walkthrough that nufan gave, and it seems easy enough, *BUT* what happens if it messes up?  Is there a way to recover?  I have an X2 lite; and bought the box pre-modded.  Any ideas?

if you want to update your x2 lite.. get the image to c:bios
tell evox to flash..

if something screws  up.. which It shouldn't..
you would have to get a x2lite programmer (which you can find in buy sell trade forum..Mruell sells a great one.) you would have to take out the x2lite and stick it on the programmer.. kinda like the matrix..then put it back on...
if your x2lite is connected by wires.. it is a little hard to take out the wire harness.. but you can if you take your time and don't wrench on the chip...
if it is done by pin headers.. then you just pull the chip off.. kinda wiggle it back and forth slowly..

Anyway.. it is fixable.. just have to spend some more cash.

DataBitz

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2003, 10:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (DataBitz @ Mar 26 2003, 06:01 PM)
Has anyone tried this BIOS with the X-Killer modchip yet?
Mines currently running the Xctr2 4974 BIOS.
Should I be able to upgrade this with EvoX and how would I correct it if the flash failed, I don't think it can be removed at all easily.

I will answer part of this for myself  biggrin.gif
My XBOX was setup using Slayers tools so I do not have the Flash BIOS option in system utils on EvoX.
Flashed to X2 4975 using the suggested method (using OzXFlash) on the X-Killer website http://www.x-killer.com, all working fine now on the new BIOS. beerchug.gif
I would still like to know what can be done if it had not flashed correctly for this modchip.

solidfood

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2003, 12:14:00 AM »

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif :0 :0 0 smile.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2003, 12:18:00 AM »

Disclaimer: Before reading further, you should know that I own an Enigmah, so I have my head up my ass when it comes to new mod chips.

My guess is that the BIOS bypasses the media check from both DVD-R and HDD.  As far as I know, when running the application, the source media would not factor into the BIOS' functionality.

smokeingit

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2003, 12:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ Mar 26 2003, 01:18 AM)
Disclaimer: Before reading further, you should know that I own an Enigmah, so I have my head up my ass when it comes to new mod chips.

My guess is that the BIOS bypasses the media check from both DVD-R and HDD.  As far as I know, when running the application, the source media would not factor into the BIOS' functionality.

Why is that xero? you  have such a dinosaur mod chip. i too was a enigmah owner. then i did a on board TSOP and have multi switchs. so i can go on live and have 4974 installed. all of the best world.

Strud1512

• Archived User
New 4975 Bios Works!
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2003, 01:12:00 AM »

Does this new bios fix the new media check also when playing from HD? I heard it only works with playing from DVD-R, so meaning you would still have to patch the new games if you wnana play it on your HD.

Yes, they run fine from HD (the media check is totally removed, so the games should run from all media types). I have tested with Rayman 3.
Pages: 1 [2] 3