xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-ecutor Lite  (Read 26 times)

XbOxGoD

• Archived User
X-ecutor Lite
« on: January 14, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

kshaikh

• Archived User
X-ecutor Lite
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 07:02:00 PM »

Boom!  I just ordered a second chip from Extreme-Mods.com and my Xbox boots up.  Thanx for all the resources guys!!

This rocks, I used the pin header method and it would've been easy as PIE assuming that the damned chip worked in the first place.

Now I have to figure out how to hot swap and reflash the dead chip so I can mod another Xbox and sell it on the forums (I don't need two).  I'll use a dip switch to make sure I don't get banned on Xbox live.

Khalid

kshaikh

• Archived User
X-ecutor Lite
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »

sad.gif

Khalid

Perplexer

• Recovered User
X-ecutor Lite
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 08:01:00 PM »

Yup, I'm the proud owner of two X2:Lite chips, but one Xbox.  I also received a chip with a bad/nonexistant flash.  I knew I had installed the pin header and D0 wires perfectly, but got the dreaded red/green flashing.  Spent too many hours verifying continuity on all points, including the wire harness and header block on the chip, and attempting to build the X2 flash cable.  Popped in a known good chip, and I was fine.  Still need to try reflashing the original.

lsapyxg

• Archived User
X-ecutor Lite
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (kshaikh @ Jan 15 2003, 12:38 AM)
Hey Guys,

I read the FAQ and I've already setup an X-Ecutor v1.0/v1.1 (gen 3a) chip into an Xbox before.  It was a joke.  It was successful along with my burns with a Pioneer DVR-104, etc.

The X-Ecutor Lite (gen 3b) was also a joke to install.  The big problem is that I have the standard green/red light with the high pitched beep, triple reset issue.  Obviously I'm a blundering idiot.

Yeah basically my D0 is working because I have a DIP switch (SPST) install on the mod chip on/off jumper and when I turn the DIP switch off, the Xbox boots fine.  When I turn the switch on, the Xbox beeps (triple boot).  I've also tried to bypass the switch and use the standard jumper, but same issue.

I have the bios set to v1.0 since the Xbox was manufactured in Dec 2000, but I've tested v1.1 too.

I've tested every single pin on the 12 pin header against a test point except the PIN right beside R7D4.  All pins have less then a .6 ohm resistance and are fully conductive.  I've tried making sure the connections are solid, but alas am having no idea what the problem is.

I cannot find any trace leading from R7D4 on the top layer of the board, nor the bottom layer.  Does anyone know of a test point that I could confirm the R7D4 connection with?  I've confirmed every single other connection against a test point.

Has any one person ever had a problem with an extreme-mods.com Mod Chip's bios being bad.  I have a second Xbox at home.  I could attempt to mod the second Xbox with the same chip, or attempt to get a new chip and put it in this Xbox.  Lastly I could just get a new chip and try it in the second (v1.1) Xbox.

Khalid

I have eactly the same problem happening to me. I checked everything and I know it's the bios.

I bought my xecuter 2 lite from extreme. No refund/no exchange ! Don't buy from these guys !

Where can I find the tutorial to hot flash the bios?