xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: X2 Pro Rant...  (Read 284 times)

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2003, 12:52:00 PM »

BUT... they are the first team to ever support their mod with an upgrade... all those X1 owners have to shell out $50-$60 for an X2... which blows.

tedbundy

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (ZildjianKX @ Jan 2 2003, 09:59 PM)
Right now the only big difference between the X2 Lite and X2 Pro is the multiBIOS, assuming they release a PC flash tool in case you do a bad flash on your X2 lite...

BUT... the X2 team keeps on nagging and moaning that 256k BIOS are too small and you need to upgrade your current modchips for the 512k BIOSes they are going to release...

However... the X2 Pro only supports 4 x 256 k BIOSes... 1 x 512 k BIOSes, and 1 x 1024 k BIOSes... which means there is NO multibios support for 512k BIOSes...

So, if you get an X2 Pro and want to use the multiBIOS features... looks like you're going to have to stick to EvoX BIOSes (256k) to use the X2 hardware... kind of ironic, ey?

Also kind of ironic is that the X2 lite can hold 2 x 512 BIOSes...

The big difference is a seperate addon that is external to the xbox that controls the 25 pin port and all the switches required - plus 4 x 256k of course. Its pro as its mainly for dev - if you dont like it dont buy it - you dont bitch about it !

You see X2 team keeps nagging and moaning about 512k ? Where ? show me - all ive ever read is them saying that in order to expand on future options the mod needs to be taken into 512k - the only people bitching were matrix owners - i dont call this nagging and moaning - I call it wanting to mnake a better bios for ungrateful fucks like you - incedently you get to download it for free - bummer huh ?

RE the post they made today - looks real freindly to me and is telling us that they are paying attention to what we want and are working on it - but no doubt some idiot like you will spin it around and post that they are bashing and moaning in some way.

I'm new here from xboxhacker.net forums - im going back many of you are retards with no idea on how to actually enjoy this shit - you do nothing but bitch whine and moan about shit you dont actually know anything about in the first place

peace out

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2003, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (tedbundy @ Jan 6 2003, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (ZildjianKX @ Jan 2 2003, 09:59 PM)
Right now the only big difference between the X2 Lite and X2 Pro is the multiBIOS, assuming they release a PC flash tool in case you do a bad flash on your X2 lite...

BUT... the X2 team keeps on nagging and moaning that 256k BIOS are too small and you need to upgrade your current modchips for the 512k BIOSes they are going to release...

However... the X2 Pro only supports 4 x 256 k BIOSes... 1 x 512 k BIOSes, and 1 x 1024 k BIOSes... which means there is NO multibios support for 512k BIOSes...

So, if you get an X2 Pro and want to use the multiBIOS features... looks like you're going to have to stick to EvoX BIOSes (256k) to use the X2 hardware... kind of ironic, ey?

Also kind of ironic is that the X2 lite can hold 2 x 512 BIOSes...

The big difference is a seperate addon that is external to the xbox that controls the 25 pin port and all the switches required - plus 4 x 256k of course. Its pro as its mainly for dev - if you dont like it dont buy it - you dont bitch about it !

You see X2 team keeps nagging and moaning about 512k ? Where ? show me - all ive ever read is them saying that in order to expand on future options the mod needs to be taken into 512k - the only people bitching were matrix owners - i dont call this nagging and moaning - I call it wanting to mnake a better bios for ungrateful fucks like you - incedently you get to download it for free - bummer huh ?

RE the post they made today - looks real freindly to me and is telling us that they are paying attention to what we want and are working on it - but no doubt some idiot like you will spin it around and post that they are bashing and moaning in some way.

I'm new here from xboxhacker.net forums - im going back many of you are retards with no idea on how to actually enjoy this shit - you do nothing but bitch whine and moan about shit you dont actually know anything about in the first place

peace out

Dude, you're a pretty big asshole for having only 20 posts on this board, so let me do my best to set newbie trash like you straight.

You say you never saw Team Xecuter saying they'll use 512k BIOSes?  Try reading www.xbox-scene.com sometime instead of just posting in the forum:
NOTE: We will also release a 256k version 1.1 BIOS with COMPLETE features of X2.
However future updates will be on the 512k as its bursting at the seems as it is and we want to look fowards and not backwards.
Nov 20th, 2002.

And feel free to leave, I don't think you're exactly wanted here.

And the point is all the BIOS updates will be 512... so you can't do multi BIOS with them... now can you?

frekkle

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2003, 01:28:00 PM »

its starting all over again

promises that cant be kept.
they promote a 512k bios and you cant have 2x 512k on their OWN chip!

Whats a 4x256k worth when you can flash it from the evox dash to the bios you want?

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (frekkle @ Jan 6 2003, 12:28 PM)

Whats a 4x256k worth when you can flash it from the evox dash to the bios you want?

My point exactly...

They're promoting something their own product doesn't support...

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Jan 6 2003, 12:24 PM)

then you say,  without reading his post obviously:

Dude, I read his post.

When Team Xecuter says that ALL future BIOS releases are going to be 512k since its bursting at the seems... its them nagging that  you need 512 k BIOSes.  My original point that people are ignoring is that they say all future updates are 512k... but their pro modchip won't support  multibios most likely with them...

biosboy

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (ZildjianKX @ Jan 6 2003, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (gainpresence @ Jan 6 2003, 12:24 PM)

then you say,  without reading his post obviously:

Dude, I read his post.

When Team Xecuter says that ALL future BIOS releases are going to be 512k since its bursting at the seems... its them nagging that  you need 512 k BIOSes.  My original point that people are ignoring is that they say all future updates are 512k... but their pro modchip won't support  multibios most likely with them...

no their pro WILL support 512 - just not multi switching (but judging by their post today they obviousley want to include it)

and xecuter posting that the kernel is bursting at the seems and they think future mods will be 512 - i dont call that nagging - i call that informing.

biosboy

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (frekkle @ Jan 6 2003, 08:28 PM)

promises that cant be kept ?

dude what the fuck are you talking about - its comments like these that fuck this forum in the ass

the features of the pro has ALWAYS been 1 x 1024 1 x 512 and 4 x 256

they posted this shit 2 months ago youre all actinmg like its some damn conspiracy

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »

I think he's referring to the Xecuter team said they would work on flash upgrading the X1... and now they are saying they are working on 2x512 support for the X2 pro... and it won't happen.

I bugged the forum a long time ago if 1x512k was a typo... its just silly though when they are trying to make the 512k BIOS a new standard... most likely to make Matrix owners upgrade... but that won't happen now.

biosboy

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (ZildjianKX @ Jan 6 2003, 08:30 PM)
They're promoting something their own product doesn't support...

wtf ?????????

are you guys retards or something

how can the pro not support a 512 bios when it has 1 x 512 and 1 x 1024 ?

now i can see what tedbundy was flipping at lol

biosboy

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (ZildjianKX @ Jan 6 2003, 09:22 PM)
I think he's referring to the Xecuter team said they would work on flash upgrading the X1... and now they are saying they are working on 2x512 support for the X2 pro... and it won't happen.

I bugged the forum a long time ago if 1x512k was a typo... its just silly though when they are trying to make the 512k BIOS a new standard... most likely to make Matrix owners upgrade... but that won't happen now.

so what are you saying that the LITE update cable wont happen ?

and why is it such an issue for them wanting to make the bios 512 as standard ? For ALL homebrew users / ALL openbox users this is no issue at all - note this covers many thousands of non xecuter customers

why do you bash xecuter for wanting to improve and improve and improve ?

it baffles me the way you think i dont get it ?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2003, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (biosboy @ Jan 6 2003, 05:26 PM)
QUOTE (ZildjianKX @ Jan 6 2003, 09:22 PM)

so what are you saying that the LITE update cable wont happen ?

and why is it such an issue for them wanting to make the bios 512 as standard ? For ALL homebrew users / ALL openbox users this is no issue at all - note this covers many thousands of non xecuter customers

why do you bash xecuter for wanting to improve and improve and improve ?

it baffles me the way you think i dont get it ?

What he's saying is that if the X2 team is trying to push 512k BIOSes, then why didn't they keep that in mind for the X2 Pro?? Seems rather dumb to proclaim "multiBIOS support" but tie that to "obsolete" 256k BIOSes, doesn't it? The Pro does not work for MultiBIOS if you wish to use ANY 512k BIOS, especially the ones Team Xecutor tells us will be the new 'standard'

You can't even share between a 512k BIOS and a 256k BIOS!!

MURDERER

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »

Go Matrix, no solder, future proof, no catch.

iMURDERER

BenJeremy

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

There **will** be a cable for the Lite. Any word to the contrary would be premature at this point, as I understand it.

From what I've been told, it sounds like Team Xecutor are truly trying to make improvements and deliver a top notch product that people want.

Hopefully, I'll be able to try it out for myself and deliver an objective review.

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
X2 Pro Rant...
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2003, 03:14:00 PM »

smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4