xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Maybe Buying The X2 With Pogo Isn't A Good Idea  (Read 312 times)

mid_gen

• Archived User
Maybe Buying The X2 With Pogo Isn't A Good Idea
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »

I've had a Matrix for a few months now, and I've never had to reseat it.

I regularly travel 300miles on trains with my xbox in a rucksack to my LANparty from uni and back, and it's been solid as a rock.

My matrix works, and it sticks. Does the job for me, although yes I will probably get an X2 so I can switch to a debug BIOS for a tinker.

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2003, 02:24:00 PM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

The wires may be easier in the short-run, but in the long-run, the Pin-Header will be well worth it.

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2003, 02:49:00 PM »

Pogopins still rule for the ease of upgradeability, but the pinheader comes close.
I want to try pogos this time around to see how they are first hand... if not I'll just pop off the adapter and try the pinheader... its not too tough of a decision.

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2003, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (ZildjianKX @ Jan 10 2003, 09:49 PM)
Pogopins still rule for the ease of upgradeability, but the pinheader comes close.
I want to try pogos this time around to see how they are first hand... if not I'll just pop off the adapter and try the pinheader... its not too tough of a decision.

it was DESIGNED to have the pin header - so stick with that

iconboy

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2003, 04:20:00 PM »

shit, biosboy, why do you have to be such an asshole when helping people?

telo {+}

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2003, 04:54:00 PM »

mad.gif

iconboy

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

you know what? fuckk you and your elitest view, you act like such a big fuucking shot, but in the end none of this really matters, were talking about modifying a friggin video game system! which in the end most of you probably do to play copied games, so dont act all high and mighty because you can solder a few wires and others have the sense not to destroy their hardware because they know they CANT! Second were all human here, what the hell is the problem with helping people once ina  while, noone comes here to get yelled at and insulted! growup- honestly your sick of all this shiit? your sick of the scene? then leave? you dont wanna help people? think your better than people, then leave go open up a forum for assholes and tell each other your the greatest, you and the other couple of assholes out there.,,

telo{+}

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2003, 06:29:00 PM »

Hey biosboy you lie fag chris, stop pretending to be me

telo {+}

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2003, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Flagg3 @ Jan 11 2003, 02:33 AM)
Looks like another 13 year chimes in.

Your missing the point and I'm really not going to continue to debate with people that don't know how to read.  Read my post again.  No one is saying anything about the price of the chip.  Team X-ecuter stated that it would sell for a certain price.  If they can't control the retail price then they shouldn't state what the retail price will be.

As for the Pogo pin adapter Team X-ecuter made the statement that the matrix sucks because the pogo pin adapter adds $20 to the retail price and why should everyone have to pay for it if they don't want it.  I also agree that the pins don't add that much to the retail cost but I'm not debating what the pins cost, I am using the argument to prove the point that sometimes some people on Team X-ecuter talk out of their ass.  They are the ones who made these statements, not me.  If you want to debate them, talk to Team X-ecuter, not me.  

Flagg

They didnt say it sucked

if you are going to quote - do it corrctly or dont do it at all

They said they didnt like the idea of offering only one forced option to the customer to install the mod - and that being the most expensive one - they didnt say the matrix sucked - even though it does for bringing a thousand morons to a scene that started with so much promise and have destroyed it with your newbie bullshit (and if you bitch at this statment then you obviousley have a guilty complex of being one of these morons)

They didnt satte the retail price - now lets see if YOU read correctly as you try to correct me (incorrectly) - they stated an RRP - do you know what that stands for ? Thsi is to encourage competition (which it does). If you goto a computer fair you'll see many installers battling with prices - it started to happen with sites now too - prices from $38 to $49 - and with Xecuter saying an RRP of $45 that sounds very correct to me.

you also say very incorrectly state that the pogo pins dont add much to the retail cost - they cost more than it does to manufacture the ENTIRE mod itself - if you were to buy 1000 pogos they would cost you $1.50 with a 4 week lead time - now whos talking out if his ass ?

The fact that xecuter were doing a special deal was simply to offer something good back to the scene - but peopole like you always think that there is some conspiracy and try to tiwst and turn the situation.

oh yeah and Iconboy,  I am the greatest - i know it, you know it, you don't have to make posts about it reminding people I try to keep a low profile here

Flagg3

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2003, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (telo {+} @ Jan 11 2003, 02:04 AM)
QUOTE (Flagg3 @ Jan 11 2003, 02:33 AM)
Looks like another 13 year chimes in.

Your missing the point and I'm really not going to continue to debate with people that don't know how to read.  Read my post again.  No one is saying anything about the price of the chip.  Team X-ecuter stated that it would sell for a certain price.  If they can't control the retail price then they shouldn't state what the retail price will be.

As for the Pogo pin adapter Team X-ecuter made the statement that the matrix sucks because the pogo pin adapter adds $20 to the retail price and why should everyone have to pay for it if they don't want it.  I also agree that the pins don't add that much to the retail cost but I'm not debating what the pins cost, I am using the argument to prove the point that sometimes some people on Team X-ecuter talk out of their ass.  They are the ones who made these statements, not me.  If you want to debate them, talk to Team X-ecuter, not me.  

Flagg

They didnt say it sucked

if you are going to quote - do it corrctly or dont do it at all

They said they didnt like the idea of offering only one forced option to the customer to install the mod - and that being the most expensive one - they didnt say the matrix sucked - even though it does for bringing a thousand morons to a scene that started with so much promise and have destroyed it with your newbie bullshit (and if you bitch at this statment then you obviousley have a guilty complex of being one of these morons)

They didnt satte the retail price - now lets see if YOU read correctly as you try to correct me (incorrectly) - they stated an RRP - do you know what that stands for ? Thsi is to encourage competition (which it does). If you goto a computer fair you'll see many installers battling with prices - it started to happen with sites now too - prices from $38 to $49 - and with Xecuter saying an RRP of $45 that sounds very correct to me.

you also say very incorrectly state that the pogo pins dont add much to the retail cost - they cost more than it does to manufacture the ENTIRE mod itself - if you were to buy 1000 pogos they would cost you $1.50 with a 4 week lead time - now whos talking out if his ass ?

The fact that xecuter were doing a special deal was simply to offer something good back to the scene - but peopole like you always think that there is some conspiracy and try to tiwst and turn the situation.

oh yeah and Iconboy,  I am the greatest - i know it, you know it, you don't have to make posts about it reminding people I try to keep a low profile here

This will be my last post on this topic as it has become pointless.  

"As for the Pogo pin adapter Team X-ecuter made the statement that the matrix sucks because the pogo pin adapter adds $20 to the retail price and why should everyone have to pay for it if they don't want it.  I also agree that the pins don't add that much to the retail cost but I'm not debating what the pins cost,"

If you read the statement above you will see that the statement "I also agree that the pins don't add that much" is referring to the price of $20.  Let me rephrase it for you.  "I do not believe that the pogo pins add as much as $20 to the price of the chip."  Understand?  Can we please move on.

They stated that it was a recommended retail price AFTER people started complaining about the prices.  I am not going to debate you on history, it's all in the news archives.  

And yes, you have caught me.  I am a newbie moron and I am single handedly the reason these boards have degraded into a pissing match between idiots who brag about how their modchip Rulez and the other one sux.  Thank you so much for enlightening me.  I think I'll go drink some toilet water and continue trying to figure out how to screw in a lightbulb.  

Flagg

telo {+}

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2003, 07:54:00 PM »

"As for the Pogo pin adapter Team X-ecuter made the statement that the matrix sucks because the pogo pin adapter adds $20 to the retail price and why should everyone have to pay for it if they don't want it.  I also agree that the pins don't add that much to the retail cost but I'm not debating what the pins cost,"

Xecuter never said it sucked - again I correct you. Whoever made this statement is mis quoting

I do not believe that the pogo pins add as much as $20 to the price of the chip.

Yes but they do. They cost $1.50 each if you're lucky plus assembly and build. I already told you this.

They stated that it was a recommended retail price AFTER people started complaining about the prices. I am not going to debate you on history, it's all in the news archives.

What a croc of shit. Their prices have been the same since day one. There's is nothing anywahere to suggest otherwise. So your idea of the history is fabricated.

And yes, you have caught me. I am a newbie moron and I am single handedly the reason these boards have degraded into a pissing match between idiots who brag about how their modchip Rulez and the other one sux. Thank you so much for enlightening me. I think I'll go drink some toilet water and continue trying to figure out how to screw in a lightbulb.

As suspected   rolleyes.gif

Unregistered

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2003, 08:12:00 PM »

all of you are complete retards for fighting over nothing

the x2 pro works - it rocks - its what most of us wanted and asked for

deal with it

and fuck all fanboys - get a life

BoNzO

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2003, 11:00:00 PM »

This is pointless to argue over... but the cheaptest I've seen the Matrix is

$45 at http://www.spotted-horse.com/

and the X2 Pro with pogos pre-order for
$59 at http://www.xboxmodchips.net

So the matrix is a lot cheaper.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »

The X2 is $14 more, or a 30% increase from the Matrix.

I don't think this makes the Matrix "a lot cheaper". And don't most of us agree that the X2 is atleast 30% better than and Xodus/Matrix?

If you forget about the pogo pins, the cards are similarly priced anway  biggrin.gif

Just my final opinion on this thread...

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2003, 12:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (BoNzO @ Jan 11 2003, 02:00 AM)
This is pointless to argue over... but the cheaptest I've seen the Matrix is

$45 at http://www.spotted-horse.com/

and the X2 Pro with pogos pre-order for
$59 at http://www.xboxmodchips.net

Matrix != X2 Pro

The best approximation is:

Matrix+1MB addon (kindasorta)== X2 Pro

Sooo.... $45+$25 = $70 for the Matrix, but you still must remove it physically from the unit to program via the PC, and nobody knows yet what the multiBIOS options are, and it's still $11 more than an X2 Pro.

...you were saying?

Yes, it is rather silly to argue over this stuff, but it's the Matrix fanboys who are ragging the Xecutor2 over the pricing issue - wrongfully, I might add.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5