xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Maybe Buying The X2 With Pogo Isn't A Good Idea  (Read 309 times)

biosboy

• Archived User
Maybe Buying The X2 With Pogo Isn't A Good Idea
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (manekineko @ Dec 12 2002, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (deltop @ Dec 12 2002, 01:33 PM)
Plus when he's talking about the cost he's not saying that the X-Ecutor with pogo pins will be more expenive than the Matrix just that in general any pogo ping mod will be more expensive due to the cost of the pogo pins themselves. With the X-Ecutor at least you get the choice.

Yeah, but the fact is that the X2 with Pogo will be more expensive than the Matrix.  The Matrix is 59 plus shipping, the X2 is 44 plus the pogo's will run for 19-24 is the official word, leading to a final price of 63-68.  If it were of superior quality, then that's one thing, fine.  But from the horse's mouth they didn't design the pogo adapter with quality in mind, it's just a shitty product to make money off of fools.

So you would have to be a fool to buy one.  If you're only in the market for solderless mods, then the Matrix is clearly a better buy than the X2.  You save money, you get it now, you get a programmer, at the only tradeoff being 1meg instead of 256k flash.  If that's a big deal to you, get the X2, but for the vast majority of people who just want to play games, the Matrix is a much better buy.

you are wrong wrong wrong

xecuter posted in december that the x2 lite plus pogo would be sold together for around $45

pro + pogo together around $55

so your post means shite wink.gif

and so what if its more anayway - ITS A BETTER MOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2003, 10:58:00 AM »

plus - hell at least xecuter give you the OPTION of install instead of forcing an option on you - charging extra for the privelage

at least xecuter were honest in saying they thought they sucked - they are simply giving you waht you want - but informaing you they think its a bad idea

now THATS what i call honest sales - but sure the guy who started this thread is twisting it like they are trying to rip you off

great own goal asshole - note my signature

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (feflicker @ Jan 9 2003, 04:01 PM)
Quotation marks are used when you are actually quoting someone.

It drives me insane when people say this...  WE KNOW WHAT "s are FOR!

Most of us use quotation marks when typing to show some sort of emotion. I use it to show sarcasm, a lie, or to make a word stick out. Some of use don't like bold or italic.

Example:

I have a mod-chip so I can play "backup" games.

Moving on now...

My opinions:
----------------------------------------------------------
1. A pogo pin X2 has more value than a matrix, because the X2 has a more advanced chip/design. The X2 is looking a little more toward the future... It is a lot more flexible. Value is not solely based on the least expensive product...

2. If you are too scared to solder these simple connections, you should probably not be opening up an electronic device in the first place. You will probably shock yourself.

3. I think most people are upset at pogo-pins, not solely because the idea/concept is lazy, or the connection is faulty, but because of the people that pogo-pins brought to the scene. You know them... Here is a sample qoute from a Gen-Matrix user:

"I want to download games for free, and I want it to be easy, and cheap, because I don't have money, and I don't have a lot of time... I don't want to take any risk, and the soldering iron scares me. I have never fiddled with electronics before, so I don't know what I'm doing. I can solder, but not that good. I am better at using a screwdriver, so this one really appealed to me. Everything in life should be easy, why make things more difficult than they need to be. My mom won't let me use a soldering iron, anyway, so..."

Furthermore, for those of you in supervisoral or managerial roles at your place of employment, you will recognize your pogo-pin employees, as they are the ones that always take the easy way out. When they give you their work, technically they are finished, and met the basic objective of the assignment, but you are left with an empty feeling, that something just isn't right, because it is blatant to you that the methods used were all the easiest, and not necessarily of the highest quality. (Wow, what a sentence, eh? I am sure the "'s guy is pissed at that too...) The X2 Pro employee is the guy that was in the office late last night taking the extra time, and patience, to get his job done the best way possible. When he handed you his work, you were just as happy as if you did it yourself.

Of course, these statements are not 100% accross the board, as life is not that way. But I think this is a good summation of why so many people see the pogo-pin crowd as a bunch of clowns  jester.gif

To summarize: Their is more to this animosity than the fact that pogo-pins make a faulty connection to the xbox motherboard. But that sure is a great place to start, now, isn't it! (Oh yeah, just because your xodus/matrix works, doesn't mean it has a perfect connection, either.)

PERFECT POST !

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2003, 11:25:00 AM »

smile.gif

For the guys that suck at soldering ...  the Matrix is good enough! smile.gif   and it works! smile.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2003, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (rgtaa @ Jan 9 2003, 02:25 PM)
Gee if you guys like to Solder Get the Matrix and Do the TOSP with Multi-bios!... and add switch...since it's simple for you guys! smile.gif

For the guys that suck at soldering ...  the Matrix is good enough! smile.gif   and it works! smile.gif

First off, why should anybody touch their TSOP? One bad flash and... it's a matter of hooking up a 30 wire mod. Kind of defeats the purpose of a pogopin chip, doesn't it?

Wiring a switch to the TSOP is a bad proposition, even for experienced solderers, BTW.

As for "good enough" try telling that to the guy in another thread who can't fix his bad EEPROM, since the Matrix does not support the Debug BIOS. He has to wait for the 1MB addon before he can fix it now - that or wire a 31-wire modchip - or get a PC-Bioxx.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

Good points, feflicker, even if you have bad taste in multigame menu systems (I never forget, either  )

No one has replied to me in that post yet either! I just couldn't get it working for me (the way I wanted it to work...).  No one has had ideas, or solutions for my issue. I just want a clean looking skin, and a nice tutorial on the INI file...

Oh yeah, and BiosBoy, thanks for appreciating my post!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2003, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (Flagg3 @ Jan 9 2003, 10:24 PM)
you are wrong wrong wrong

xecuter posted in december that the x2 lite plus pogo would be sold together for around $45

pro + pogo together around $55

so your post means shite

and so what if its more anayway - ITS A BETTER MOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah ok.  Team X-ecuter posts alot of things that don't turn out to be exactly 100% true.  With the Xecuter II lite selling for $42 without the "$20" pogo pins how do you figure they will make this price?  Either they are overcharging for the current chip or they were lying about the price of the pogo pin adapters.  You decide.

plus - hell at least xecuter give you the OPTION of install instead of forcing an option on you - charging extra for the privelage

at least xecuter were honest in saying they thought they sucked - they are simply giving you waht you want - but informaing you they think its a bad idea

now THATS what i call honest sales - but sure the guy who started this thread is twisting it like they are trying to rip you off

great own goal asshole - note my signature

No, Team X-ecuter says it sucks because the matrix uses it.  If the matrix was a solder mod they would ridicule it for having only 256k.  (Oh wait...  They do that too.)  If it had 1mb + solder they would rip on it for not having power steering.  I'm not saying the matrix is the best, but it was certainly the best chip on the market when it came out (Except for the PC-BioXX which I had ordered before Lik-Sang got shut down.)

For whatever reason Team X-ecuter has a huge chip on their shoulder about the Matrix.  Penis envy, maybe?  Anyway, Yes - a bunch of idiots tried to install the Matrix and couldn't, but I've got a news flash for you:  The world is full of idiots and if they aren't trying to install a Matrix then they are trying to install an X2-lite.  At least with the Matrix the worst that usually happened was they couldn't get it to work.  Now these same idiots are posting all over how they destroyed their X-box when they tried to install their X2lite and they don't know what to do.  I guess it's good if you like to buy them cheaply on e-bay and then fix them but nonetheless, the world is full of idiots so you'll just have to learn to deal with them.

BTW, Yes I own a Matrix and no I don't think it's perfect but it's a good chip if you know what your doing.  If someday I ever feel the urge to upgrade I will get an X-ecuter II pro or something newer but it definitely won't be because of the pogo-pins.  While pogo-pins aren't a very good method of connection in general I have no problem with connectivity on any of the boxes I installed them in.  (I use a longer screw now and they are rock solid.)

Flagg

Fanboys, back to your corners and come out fighting!

Geez.

Team Xecutor, IIRC, never said pogopins were shit, they just said they didn't like them. As I pointed out earlier, anybody with an ounce of electronics experience will tell you that it's a less than ideal connection, and we've seen plenty of people who can't even seem to get the pogopins right, even!

They certainly are reluctantly offering them. Why? They certainly don't have to release one now, becuase they are probably sold out WITHOUT IT for another month or two.

So they are merely bringing it out because they said they would. They are offering it because a vocal few, who are supposedly happy with their Matrix mods, are clamoring for it.

Yet you fanboys insist on throwing a hissy fit anyways. It really is sad, truly and completely pitiful.

I have respect for Team Xodus, and from what I gather, they aren't at all upset, nor is Team Xecutor, about the jabs they toss back and forth. Both Teams are enjoying great sales, and offer the premiere products for Xbox modding.

Fanboys who go spastic over all this need to reassess their lives and get a grip.

Oh... and another thing, I find your accusation of "overpriced mod" laughable.

Let's see, a 1MB chip with pogopins and more features at $4 less is somehow overpriced compared to the Matrix??? Gotta love the logic of fanboys!  rotfl.gif

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »

sad.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (ZildjianKX @ Jan 9 2003, 11:09 PM)
I thought the matrix was cheaper though, I've seen it for $45, but the cheapest I've seen a pro with pogos is $59 sad.gif

Well, I still see the Matrix advertised for $59, but you are probably right there.

Still, the vendor picks the final price, and the Matrix has had a ton of lead time to build stock and offer through more vendors. I just find the remark funny. At the very least, he's accusing the Team Xodus "primary" vendors of ripping people off by pricing the Matrix even more, right?  blink.gif

iconboy

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2003, 10:54:00 PM »

smile.gif

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2003, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (iconboy @ Jan 10 2003, 05:54 AM)
ok, this is a clear cut question...

the matrix requires NO SOLDER right?

sooo... does the same apply for an X2 pro with the pogo pin adaptor? NOOOO SOLDERR!!!???

thank you for you time smile.gif

what would be the point of a pogo pin adapter if you had to solder ?

i dont get the logic of the question at all

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2003, 02:49:00 AM »

yea ill get a pro externel. ill probly gp pago for the hell of it incase i whant to remove it with ease. if i need to reopen my box and reconnect them i will. but i also will make a cover for it so it dont freking show like that. 4 black pices of plastic and glue for the sides. a pice of black tape so it will hold on the box there on externel with a dust cover. by the way they should have a cover for it its not expensiv to do and plastic is chep.

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2003, 07:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (luther349 @ Jan 10 2003, 09:49 AM)
yea ill get a pro externel. ill probly gp pago for the hell of it incase i whant to remove it with ease. if i need to reopen my box and reconnect them i will. but i also will make a cover for it so it dont freking show like that. 4 black pices of plastic and glue for the sides. a pice of black tape so it will hold on the box there on externel with a dust cover. by the way they should have a cover for it its not expensiv to do and plastic is chep.

you can remove the soldered version with ease - that are on adapters that detatch away from the mod smile.gif

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (iconboy @ Jan 10 2003, 05:12 PM)
no no, i mean that with the X2 lite even with the pin head adaptor there iss till one small thin LITTLE wire that has to be soldered! -i dont even want to solder this little thing and i was wondering if that with pogopin adaptor i would still have to solder that one point! ?

well of course not

what would be the point of designing a pogo adapter if you were required to solder the hardest point out of the lot ?

again your question baffles me wink.gif

onionz

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

What we've got here, with this particular question, is someone who's done zero research as usual.  Look at the number of posts i've made - small isn't it? That's cos i've spent my time reading and re-reading everything about the xbox so i don't come on here and piss everyone off with the same old questions.  That's enough blowing my own trumpet.  Why can't everyone else do the same? Lazy that's why.

If people had bothered to read Team X-ecuter's statements on pogo pins carefully, it'd be fairly obvious what their views are - but instead fanboys are getting over-excited about their own little theories rather than the facts, again, as usual.

It's pretty obvious that pogo pins are a compromise, they are never a better solution.  When you look at the cost of these mods, you should consider the VALUE not the PRICE of the mod.  To someone who can't solder, pogo pins have great value.  The facts are, if you're too crap to be able to solder your mod, you must pay the price for such ineptitude.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5