xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fuzzy Math? Why Is The X2 Lite So Expensive?  (Read 99 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Fuzzy Math? Why Is The X2 Lite So Expensive?
« on: November 27, 2002, 09:38:00 PM »

Doesn't it come with a wire adapter? At that point, the pogopin adapter comes in at an additional expense.

Why? Because pogopins are expensive, and not entirely reliable. LEt people pay a few extra bucks for the convenience. If they don't like it, let them buy a Matrix.

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 09:47:00 PM »

xecuter said they tell resellers to sell at $35 - in my book that IS a lot cheaper

and that includes wire adapter and pin header adapter

i know for a fact that the mods are $20 from china if you buy 100pcs - so its not xecuters fault if sellers inflate the prices a little

im sure when its on the street theer will be lots of competition and you'll see the pricve at $25

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 10:01:00 PM »

Edited due to mis-information.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (duff @ Nov 28 2002, 01:01 AM)
Ok, we know that some places are selling the X-2 lite for $44, which is a 126% markup.  If we keep the 126% markup for all objects the prices will be as follows (giving all information above is true):

X-2 lite : Wholesale = $35, Retail = $44, Markup = 126%
X-2 Pro  : Wholesale = $50, Retail = $63 @ 126% markup
Pogo pins: Wholesale = $20, Retail = $25.20 @ 126% markup

This would make the X-2 lite $69.20, and the X-2 Pro $88.20 with pogo pins at the 126% markup.  Neather of these prices are any where close to the price of the Matrix ($59 at easybuy, and less expensive at other dealers).  Why is the Xecuter team lieing to us?

Come on.... you're not being fair here.

You can't compare the price with the pogopins for the low end. The Lite comes with everything it needs to be installed in the Xbox. Users who are afraid of solder will pay more. If they don't like it, they should buy a Matrix.

They packaged it this way because, quite frankly, they don't seme to like pogopins. Others here and at xboxhacker.net don't like the pins, either. Discouraging their usage, but allaying complaints of others by at least providing the option at additional cost is, in my eyes, a decent compromise.

Honestly, 10 wires on fat solder points is a cinch. Especially after I put down 30 wires for my homebrew on those damn microVIAs.

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2002, 10:21:00 PM »

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2002, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (duff @ Nov 28 2002, 01:21 AM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Nov 28 2002, 05:13 AM)

You can't compare the price with the pogopins for the low end. The Lite comes with everything it needs to be installed in the Xbox. Users who are afraid of solder will pay more. If they don't like it, they should buy a Matrix.

Team Xecuter did say the following:
"The mod will be supplied with adapter1 at a much cheaper cost than any other mod. Adapters 2 and 3 will be supplied separately for an extra cost - with the most expensive choice still being cheaper than any other mod available! "

I understand that a lot of people will solder the unit, but the above quote is still not true.

The most expensive choice isn't referring to the adapters, it's referring to the CHIPS. The Pro will weigh in at $50, right?

It's all in perspective, I guess. They were too ambiguous in their sales pitch.

Still, feel free to complain, maybe they'll make adjustments like they did in redesigning Lite. At least they seem responsive to making changes, unlike another mod team out there.

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2002, 10:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (duff @ Nov 28 2002, 05:01 AM)
Ok, we know that some places are selling the X-2 lite for $44, which is a 126% markup.  If we keep the 126% markup for all objects the prices will be as follows (giving all information above is true):

X-2 lite : Wholesale = $35, Retail = $44, Markup = 126%
X-2 Pro  : Wholesale = $50, Retail = $63 @ 126% markup
Pogo pins: Wholesale = $20, Retail = $25.20 @ 126% markup

This would make the X-2 lite $69.20, and the X-2 Pro $88.20 with pogo pins at the 126% markup.  Neather of these prices are any where close to the price of the Matrix ($59 at easybuy, and less expensive at other dealers).  Why is the Xecuter team lieing to us?

so let me gets this straight

xecuter tell you what they sell to wholesale for

the resellers hike the price and you say xecuter are lieing ?

man you have some weird shit going on in your head

btw the prices you post as WHOLESALE are in fact RETAIL

the mod is $35 and $50 to the PUBLIC - they sell LITE at $20 and PRO at $30 to wholesale (inc $15 for the pogo adapter)  - keep your conspiracy theories coming duff - they're fun

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2002, 10:37:00 PM »

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2002, 10:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (duff @ Nov 28 2002, 05:21 AM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Nov 28 2002, 05:13 AM)

Team Xecuter did say the following:
"The mod will be supplied with adapter1 at a much cheaper cost than any other mod. Adapters 2 and 3 will be supplied separately for an extra cost - with the most expensive choice still being cheaper than any other mod available! "

I understand that a lot of people will solder the unit, but the above quote is still not true.

and yes they also said this shit about 2 months ago

theres been about 10 updates since then - all of them better and better

i.e. more features and all adapters included for the same money

and judging by tonights post they are TELLING you that all their adapters will work great with other mods

but hey i'm sure you'll find something to bitch about regardless

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2002, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (duff @ Nov 28 2002, 05:37 AM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Nov 28 2002, 05:25 AM)
The most expensive choice isn't referring to the adapters, it's referring to the CHIPS. The Pro will weigh in at $50, right?

It's all in perspective, I guess. They were too ambiguous in their sales pitch.

$50 is the wholesale price.  The only way this chip will hit the retail market at less than $59 like the xecuter team said would be if the retailers would sell it at a 117% markup (thats $58.50).  There's no way that will happen.  Retailers would go out of business quick if they only made a 117% markup.  I am surprised to see that some places are selling the lite for only a 126% markup.  ThatÂ’s not much at all, perhaps they are going to charge a lot for shipping & handling costs to make up for such a small markup.

its the retail price you idiot

thank you for FINALLY showing me how much you don't know

here's me sitting with my order of 100 LITE at $20 and 100 PRO at $35

HAH

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2002, 10:43:00 PM »

POTF

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2002, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Nov 28 2002, 12:25 AM)
The most expensive choice isn't referring to the adapters, it's referring to the CHIPS.

From how they stated it, it seemed to many people thought it would be cheaper to get the X2 (Pro?) with Pogopins for less than a Matrix. If so many people were incorrect, then maybe the statement was made to be deceptive.

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2002, 10:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (duff @ Nov 28 2002, 05:43 AM)
You just said the following:
i know for a fact that the mods are $20 from china if you buy 100pcs

That sounds like wholesale prices.  Now you are saying that it is $15...  Which is it?

hahaha thanks duff

$15 was for the pogo pins
$20 was for the lite

try reading next time wink.gif

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2002, 10:55:00 PM »

Perhaps I am wrong.  I was under the impression that the wholesale price of the lite was $35 and Pro was $50.  These were the prices I was going by.  Appologies to all for this.

I have edited all my posts as I don't want to spread mis-information.

biosboy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2002, 11:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (duff @ Nov 28 2002, 05:55 AM)
Perhaps I am wrong.  I was under the impression that the wholesale price of the lite was $35 and Pro was $50.  These were the prices I was going by.  Appologies to all for this.

I have edited all my posts as I don't want to spread mis-information.

wow what a gent

you surprised me there smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2