xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About New Info On X-ecuter 2  (Read 23 times)

telo{+}

• Archived User
Question About New Info On X-ecuter 2
« on: October 28, 2002, 03:34:00 PM »

for someone who has such a promoting sig, you really dont know all that much about this stuf do you ?

When you hit GO LIVE in a game it tries to patch your xboxdash.xbe, which in most peoples case is the evox dash file... so patching fails leaving you with no dash and shit etc etc

The most obvious solution is to get a bios that loads evoxdash.xbe instead of xboxdash.xbe, so you never had to rename the org dash file... bla bla bla patchuing doesnt fail bla bla bla

no broken box

Congrats xecuter!!  You made the EvoX 2.5 ybox bios !!! YEA!! WOO HOO

Kreepa13

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 03:45:00 PM »

so i'll have to flash x-ecuter 2 with a bios that loads the evoxdash.xbe which one is that. after i have installed the x-ecuter 2 and i hit go live then what will be patched?

Nailed

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 04:49:00 PM »

Hmm.. shall we put ten seconds of thought into this.. if we rename the Evo-X executable file to evoxdash.xbe, we could upload that file to the Xbox as not to overwrite xboxdash.xbe.  Complicated concept so I'll leave you to ponder that for awhile, Kreepa.  By the way.. Pr0crastin8r is right.

Kreepa13

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 05:19:00 PM »

ok so if i hit go live then evoxdash.xbe will be patched and if that is on the hdd then it will patch the xboxdash.xbe?

Kreepa13

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2002, 05:58:00 PM »

We had a very exciting development last night. Without going into too much detail on what we are now capable of, we have added the following feature: the kernel will first look for evoxdash.xbe - if it exists on the hard drive then it will boot this first, if it doesn't exist then it will boot xboxdash.xbe. Therefore 100% complete compatibility and functionality with Xbox Live and EvoX dashboards without needing 2 different kernels

how exactly does that make it fully compatible with x-ecuter 2 with xbox live.