xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spider Gx W/ Versions 1.0 And 1.6a  (Read 165 times)

gxnoob

• Archived User
Spider Gx W/ Versions 1.0 And 1.6a
« on: February 10, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

Ok, here is the deal. I own a v1.6a, and a v1.0. I own the spidergx chip, and after many months of trouble trying to install it into the v1.6a, I figured I would go ahead and try it in the v1.0 becuase of the ovious problems with the functionality with the v1.6a.

SO im in the 1.0 box and my first problem was that the holes that the PCB fits into were filled with solder.
So after hours of messing with that, I got them clear enough for the chips prongs to at least touch a small portion of the inner hole. The PCB wire went in nicely, and now every time I power up I either get a frag, or the regular M$ dash. I have only gotten the chip to flash on once, and I wasnt watching the screen to see if it went to the spider menu. But now nothing I do will make the chip even act like its gonna turn on.

Has anyone gotten the chip to work vith versions V1.0 or V1.6A well?

Thanks for the help.

-GX(not so noob anymore)

biobeck

• Archived User
Spider Gx W/ Versions 1.0 And 1.6a
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 04:25:00 AM »

I've gotten the SpiderGX to work on both a 1.6a and a 1.0. However, it was an overall pain in the butt to get running and flashed. Try adding some pressure to the chip with a popsicle stick, that is usually the problem. If the chip appears dead try this tip from HackDaBox

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=485788