xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help. Spiderchip Gone Bad (big Surprise)  (Read 223 times)

taxial

• Archived User
Help. Spiderchip Gone Bad (big Surprise)
« on: January 30, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »

Ok so I see that in another forum someone reported that evoxm8 bios is bad for spiderGX so I'm assuming that it's probably bad for for spider v1.1.  Does anyone think that flashing it with x2.4981.67 would work better?  If so how do I do this?  ......(I don't get my Cromwell anymore, just a blank screen)....

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

You flashed the right bios. the X2 4981.67 does not work at all on a V1.6 so dont flash this bios. Was your bios 256k ? as it needs to be for it to work. You should always use cdrw or DVD-R as no other media types work reliably. TDK CDRW and DVD-R work all the time for me. Also the spider gx and spiderchip have different issues so dont assume the same rules apply to both!

Tyr booting to the black screen and pressing eject and tell me what happens !

You will need to hotswap to flash now in order to fix this problem...

HackDaBox's Hotswap to Flash Guide !

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »

Hotswapping is alot easier in an older xbox. If you can grab a friends V1.0 - V1.4 as its easier. The older xboxes only need one wire inserted into one via ( very small hole ).

Forget all the D0 stuff as it wont affect you with your spiderchip. Just leave the spider on/off switch disconnected from both the bad and good spiders.

If you do it on the V1.6 then yes you need to insert all the wires !

If you do it on a V1.0 - V1.4 you only need to insert the E wire !

Carefully screw the good spiderchip onto your motherboard and insert 1 leg if your using an older xbox or all legs for the V1.6. Load the HackDaBox Reflash Cd. Then carefully remove the good spiderchip.

Now carefully screw the bad spiderchip onto your motherboard and insert 1 leg if your using an older xbox or all legs for the V1.6. Now choose flash bios and please choose V1.6 no matter what xbox you are using !

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 06:36:00 AM »

Perhaps the programmer killed it becuase this does work just fine.

HackDaBox !

hardk0re

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

Nice...well hopefully divineo gives me some sort of credit for this thing so I can get a decent chip .