xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spiderchip 1.1 On 1.6b?  (Read 173 times)

vanhalen2342

• Archived User
Spiderchip 1.1 On 1.6b?
« on: January 19, 2006, 01:48:00 AM »

Ok, I'll start at the beginning...I have a 1.6b Xbox.  Following a bad experience with xbmp, it is stuck in PAL.  I installed a SpiderChip 1.1 to fix it...the website claimed that it was compatible with 1.6B.  However, I have learned from reading on the forums that in fact the modified Cromwell BIOS does not boot with 1.6B--I am getting the dreaded red eject button and blank screen, which apparently means that the installation was successful but the BIOS couldn't load?

I am wondering...I read in a post that it might be possible for a 1.6B box to boot?  If tried thousands of times?  Is this true?  If I spend an hour turning my Xbox on and off, is there any chance of a boot?  Thanks for the help.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spiderchip 1.1 On 1.6b?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:53:00 AM »

Normally less than 50 boots is required for flashbios to work. If you have tried hundreds of times than it seems doubtfull. Install the chips in a freinds older xbox and flash it with Evox M8 PLus V1.6 and then put it back in yours already flashed and ready to go !

Flash it using my HackDaBox reflash Cd !

HackDaBox !

vanhalen2342

• Archived User
Spiderchip 1.1 On 1.6b?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

I haven't tried that many times yet.  I'll probably give it a shot in a few hours.  Unfortunately I don't have any friends who can let me flash it.  Guess I'm SOL, eh?  

Thanks for the quick response btw.  Although I cannot act on it, your advice is much appreciated.

chuma

• Archived User
Spiderchip 1.1 On 1.6b?
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

Or you need to make some new friends...  tongue.gif

You could always check your local second-hand game store for used XBoxes, older models which will boot Cromwell.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spiderchip 1.1 On 1.6b?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 04:42:00 AM »

Yeah also try ebay ... even some broken xbox's are goods for flashing... Lets say the dvdrom is dead , you can just swap it and flash your modchip in that xbox !

HackDaBox !