xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Defective V1.1?  (Read 116 times)

mrpsiko

• Archived User
Defective V1.1?
« on: January 13, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »

Greetings, fellow modders. I've got a question I want to bounce off of you guys...

I just received a v1.1 Spiderchip yesterday from Divineo, and my friend is over to help me install it. I've got a v1.6 Xbox that works just fine. The chip is installed and works only when pressed down, despite the screw being tightened as far as we dare. (I must say, the quality of the chip is somewhat doubtful. One of the 'legs' wasn't even soldered, and another solder point was broken as we were carefully inserting the other end into the motherboard.)

Anyways, we can't think of anything to hold the chip down without us pressing on it. We tried Duct and Scotch tape, but we don't know what else to use that's non-conductive, etc. We HAVE confirmed that the chip works, BTW. Any help's appreciated, but I'm not demanding anything.

Thank you

beutel

• Archived User
Defective V1.1?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 01:14:00 AM »

chuma

• Archived User
Defective V1.1?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(beutel @ Jan 14 2006, 03:21 AM) View Post

I used this method specifically, and my SC is working fine now.

I made my wedge out of two 2x2 lego bricks, with two 1x2 flats on top.  It's just the right height.  Use a piece of scotch tape to tape it to the "Lattice" chip on the SC and then lower the DVD drive down.  Look through the side of the case to make sure the bricks are still upright (use a flashlight) and if you push down GENTLY on the DVD drive you should see it push GENTLY on the chip.