xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox V1.6a Only Boots To Spideros  (Read 94 times)

stirfry

• Archived User
Xbox V1.6a Only Boots To Spideros
« on: January 05, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

I just got the Spider chip and installed it on an XBOX version 1.6a (getting the laquer off the mobo was a biotch, I broke the end of my needle off in one of the holes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  all the lights are lit and it boots to the Spider OS when I turn on the chip using the external board.

I used the Spider WebPage to flash bank 3 with the X2 5035 V1.6 bios (512k) from xbins.
I've tried setting the dip switches to auto-boot mode and setting SpiderOS to auto-boot bank 3
as well as setting the dip switches to boot from bank 3 and every time the XBOX just loads the SpiderOS screen.

I also tried the Evox bios in bank 1 and the Spider Test Bios in bank 2 with the same results, SpiderOS every time!!

I was thinking maybe the connection for the external on/off/dipswitch board may be loose so the position of the switches is not being detected?  Is there a way to boot from a certain bank without the external connection being connected?

Thanks!

beutel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 12:12:00 PM »

the only dip to set is the first one if you have autoboot set to bank 3 !
already installed a dashboard ?

but anyway you wont be able to launch any appz out of it your only able to play backup games from dvd.

stirfry

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

--the only dip to set is the first one if you have autoboot set to bank 3 !
yes, I've tried that setting and the manual bank 3 dip switch setting

--already installed a dashboard?
no, I have only seen the SpiderOS boot screen so far, not even any black screens or such.

--but anyway you wont be able to launch any appz out of it your only able to play backup games from dvd.
I hope I can at least load XBMC, wholly crap, if not I will cry, or at least try to return the Spider with one leg cut off to diveno.

beutel

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

you have to set dip one and set auto boot to bank 3 thats all.
if this doesnt work send it back like many did, i think divineo will soon take this chip out of their program !
you wont be able to load xbmc very often cause your xbox will freeze (see stuck loading thread)

SigmaX6

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

I have put two in my xbox's over hte years all have run fine until recently it seems anything i get from divineo.com seems to not work recently, a dms4pro and a spiderchip, though they dont like taking there products back when faulty either, im still waiten for a reply on my thread, as im dumb founded by this issue

stirfry

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

I forgot to mention it is a Spider GX, not the original. I'll check what version the GX is, maybe I can upgrade the SpiderOS.

Kevinwestling

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

I had the same problem with only booting to the Spider OS.  The directions I downloaded off the internet seem to be inaccurate for the DIP switch settings.  The front panel PCB (the little board with the on/off switch) has a diagram with the DIP switch settings for the corresponding bank that you want.  I changed mine as illustrated on the board A - Off, B - On, 3 - C - Off and this worked perfectly and in my case booted right to Slayers.  Try this.  I think it will work for you too.

beutel

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

it will boot to slayers yes.
but what then ? 50 % of the time you try to start an app your chip will hang.
cool ! i think they made shit with the spider bios OR none of todays bioses (x2,evox,...) fits the spiderGX.
so try to give it back , thats the best you can try. i was trying for 2 days to get it work right but my effort was bringing 50 % no-working-time to something around 40 %.
still not what spider promises you.