xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spidergx Pogos = Too Far Off Center To Work, And My Solution  (Read 112 times)

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spidergx Pogos = Too Far Off Center To Work, And My Solution
« on: December 12, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »

Yeah i understand what you are saying and what you are trying to do and i have already created soldering guides for the original spiderchip at my website www.HackDaBox.com but 99% of people that buy a Spiderchip or Spider GX can't solder at all so this is not an option for them. After all they could buy a cheap chip that works 500% better for a fraction of the price if they could solder !

The idea of removeing the pogo pins and clearing the lpc holes of solder is a great one ( if you can solder ) but what you should do is solder in a Male Pinheader now and then solder the Spider GX to that !

If you have a V1.0 - V1.5 this setup will be very good. If you have a V1.6 then you could still have alot of trouble due to the vias being full of laquer in the xbox motherboard so i go for a LPC rebuild using wires rather than the SpiderWire PCB for the V1.6's !

But this is all too much soldering for a non solder chip and far too expensive ( chip , pin header , solder , wire , Lot s of time )

HackDaBox !