xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Power Problem  (Read 140 times)

XHacster

• Archived User
No Power Problem
« on: November 08, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »

Ok...So now I got the chip to finally light up.  All lights come, but now it keeps rebooting no matter what bank I tell it to boot from.  Any ideas?  Anyone?

XHacster

XHacster

• Archived User
No Power Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

Another observation I forgot to mention in the previous post.  All of the lights come on when the switch is in the off position on the black board, but as soon as I turn the switch on the D0 light goes out on the wires board and system restarts 3 times....any help out there before I throw this POS out...

XHacster

HackDaBox

• Archived User
No Power Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 07:22:00 AM »

Hello,

I know how you feel but this is all part of installing a spider! almost no install is easy or robust ... it  can take a long period of time before you see the spidy menu appear and all of this comes down to one simple problem ...

The stupid spiderchip is not making a good contact with the LPC holes. You need to fiddle with the chip

Move it a touch to the left
a touch to the right
back a ittle
forward slightly

and turn off and on between each slight adjustment and make sure the screw is down firmly but dont overtighten as this will damage the thread

apply pressure with a plastic or wooden object and see if you get better results !

Check out HackDaBox's Spiderchip Squeeze Guide !

Good Luck !

HackDaBox !