xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can Smartxx V3 Restore Eeprom On 1.6 Mobo?  (Read 119 times)

x-s

• Archived User
Can Smartxx V3 Restore Eeprom On 1.6 Mobo?
« on: December 28, 2006, 07:10:00 AM »

I accidentally updated my 1.6 with a blank eeprom (AladdinXT), so it wont boot now.Took the modchip off the pinheader....still wont boot.Green leds on, dvd tray wont eject , blank screen disk spins hdd too, fan slows down after a few seconds , no sound. i still got eeprom backups on hdd and pc.
     Question is  if i install a SmartXX V3 will it be able to boot my 1.6 motherboard so i can restore eeprom from    
hdd, or a debug bios as for now i dont  even have picture and sound even if i took out  aladdinXT.Iread somewhere that SmartXX V3 is capable to boot even with  bad eeprom, but can it boot on 1.6?

Thanks and Regards

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »

Yes it will boot to the chips OS screen even if the eeprom is messed up.  You can then install ED ON CHIP to gain ftp access to your eeprom data if it is stored on the hdd.  Alternatively you can flash "Flashbios 3.0.3 unauthorized" to a free bios bank, which has embedded eeproms in it, boot with that and reflash a generic, but valid 1.6 eeprom on there.  From that point you should be able to boot with  evox m8plus_ 16 bios, and restore your actual eeprom with configmagic.  The only problem I see you having is if the hdd is locked.  Without that original eeprom you will not be able to unlock the drive to access it.

Hope that even remotely makes sense.....hahahah

XOR

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »

Well a FAR easier method is to actually simply RESTORE EEPROM from your chip back to the Xbox itself, see the EEPROM menu for that. Within that menu you ALSO have a Fix EEPROM option, that 'can' sometimes work.

If you have a copy on your PC's HDD, then use SmartXX's own RemoteFlasher v5. Using this you can simply load the EEPROM into this, and replace the EEPROM on your Xbox directly using that. If your EEPROM is on your Xbox's HDD then yes just use Ed@Chip.

If you connect to the SmartXX using a web browser you can actually see an archive of the last 5 EEROMS used, maybe one of these is your EEPROM and you can simply regress back to it. Click the desired EEPROM and it's copied to your PC, simply add this to RemoteFlasher and copy it directly back to your EEPROM.

For further information to use these programs, move to the official forums hosted by SmartXX (www.smartxx.com/forum/) and find my 'SmartXX Usage Manual' on the forums there (it's linked via my sigs on the site).

Basically thanks to the features of SmartXX's OS, there should never be a need to ever use the likes of Flashbios or Config Magic ever again.