xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New SmartXX v3 Set Available: Extreme Version  (Read 170 times)

MrQRamos

• Archived User
New SmartXX v3 Set Available: Extreme Version
« on: November 17, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »

It seems a little late in the game to be (re)releasing another modchip, especially with the amount of great softmod options available, but I applaud SmartXX with maintaining interest in the Xbox scene.  We'll have to see if it pays off for them.

SANGER_A2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 02:38:00 AM »

Well done guys. It's nice to know people haven't forgotten about the original xbox! I have no interest in the 360 at the moment and we don't see as much on the original xbox now it's come out and I have to scroll down loads of stuff about 360 firmwares to see if there's any xbox news I'm interested in.

To be honest I wish there was an www.xbox-scene.com and an www.xbox360-scene.com so people could choose one type or both types of Xbox to read up on. I'm probly gonna get flamed for saying this - it's just my humble opinion!

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 03:50:00 AM »

I agree sanger, It is a shame that MS has not invested the time/effort on XBOX that Sony do on the PS2 and even PS1 are still having games released.

MS have just ditched the XBOX completely which is a shame is I also have no interest in changing my console.

Smartxx are maybe a little to late and I can't see what they have really improved with the extreme version. I had a problem here in the uk finding a solderless soloution for a 1.6 xbox and ended up having to solder it in myself for a xenium. If smartxx where a bit quicker they could have had some of my money..

DrHunter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 03:51:00 AM »

I know this is a little off topic but it may help people like Sanger, who only want to see certain news items:

Sanger,
just above the first news article on the homepage there is an option to filter which content you see, or to personalise the page to your liking!

http://www.xbox-scen...x.php?view=xbox

Links to the xbox only news!

smile.gif

Trex666

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »

Pointless IMO, Theres plenty of great modchips out there, and since most hackers have turned to the 360 we wont be seeing anything new in terms of modchip features, just all the same stuff...re-released

ndsbass

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »

Well done guys. It's nice to know people haven't forgotten about the original xbox! I have no interest in the 360 at the moment and we don't see as much on the original xbox now it's come out and I have to scroll down loads of stuff about 360 firmwares to see if there's any xbox news I'm interested in.

To be honest I wish there was an www.xbox-scene.com and an www.xbox360-scene.com so people could choose one type or both types of Xbox to read up on. I'm probly gonna get flamed for saying this - it's just my humble opinion!

werd

Justincredibal

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

who is seriously going to buy this?

if you don't already ahve a modded xbox, I doubt it is high priority. Not to mention the many free ways to do it, ie softmods.

XOR

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

Okay firstly to say, this is not anything new per-say, it's simply an extra pack that now includes all the fixings for LCD displays. If TeamXecuter suddenly produced a package that included thier IR Remote and set of buttons bundled with the chip would people flame in the same way?

Second it should be noted that Microsoft have NOT ditched the Xbox - you lot have...

Put it this way, if the number one game on Xbox is selling less than 300 units in it's first week, then surely it's pointless putting in so much time and money from a developer's point of view to get that little return. Especially when every other format (even Gameboy) sees better sales figures on a week-by-week basis.