xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lcd Backlight Stops Working  (Read 68 times)

wobinich

• Archived User
Lcd Backlight Stops Working
« on: July 19, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

Hi there!

The backlight on my Display stops working after a year without any problems. I resoldered everything but still no (real) effect:
The Backlight always works for some seconds and then ..off ..no light on the next Xbox-Start. Only when i re-solder the Backlight-Wires it -again- lights up for some seconds and then ...light's off.

The letters on the display are ok, i can read everything - nevertheless played with the contrast on SmartXX, but still no backlight.
The LCD uses 3,4V for backlight and it worked fine on the 3,3V of the SmartXX. I tried to connect the LCD on 5V via resistor (80 Ohm, LCD has a 20mA consumption)... but the same effect like i've written ...the backlight only shows up after i've soldered it, and then turns off. After resoldering ..again.. and again.. and.. blink.gif

I own the SmartXX v1 ...eyerything on the system is ok, just the backlight makes these $ยง&$ problems!

...any ideas? Connect the LCD-Backlight to the Motherboard (3,3V, Ground,..)?! ...i think the backlight is ok, but something else is wrong... not enough power?

Thanks in advance!