xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cant Fix Eeprom Issue  (Read 58 times)

wr6x

• Archived User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« on: July 19, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

Just recently put in a smartxx halloween edition chip that I picked up from a friend.

Loaded avalaunch (which from what I read sucks and there is bad copies floating around). Turned on box to find a red flashing LED, no audio or video.

Have tried addeeprom with a modded cromwell bios and my backup from the smartxx page via the IP address. When I refleash and reboot I get a linux screen and it says "eeprom not flashed" and asks for a CD to boot from.

Have tried the image.bin file posted here, that loads but looks like it isn't compatible, I get the screen but its scrolling and tiled across the TV and I can't make it out or read anything.

Have read that the configmagic thing doesn't work either for this avalaunch issue.

How do I fix it???!?!

thanks in advance, new to the modding thing..

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »

Was this chip used??  Already had a bios on it???  All ready had a backed up eeprom on it??.  If so you may have flashed the incorrect eeprom (possibly wrong version box) to your box from the smartxx backup bank.

The eeprom you flashed now appears to be set to the wrong video standard for your tv (like it is set for PAL signal but you have an NTSC tv)

You can change the video mode (pal/ntsc) in the smartxx os if you can see it.  Alternatively you can flash "flashbios 3.0.3 unauthorized" to a free bios bank and boot from that...this will allow you to reflash your eeprom from an embedded one in the bios, you must pick the version specific to your box from the menu.  Then you may reboot with the appropriate bios for your xbox version.

By just putting avalaunch on your box, i cant see that it buggered your eeprom without any action from you, but none the less...try the above...it should fix your problem.

wr6x

• Archived User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Jul 20 2005, 01:34 AM)
Was this chip used??  Already had a bios on it???  All ready had a backed up eeprom on it??.  If so you may have flashed the incorrect eeprom (possibly wrong version box) to your box from the smartxx backup bank.

The eeprom you flashed now appears to be set to the wrong video standard for your tv (like it is set for PAL signal but you have an NTSC tv)

You can change the video mode (pal/ntsc) in the smartxx os if you can see it.  Alternatively you can flash "flashbios 3.0.3 unauthorized" to a free bios bank and boot from that...this will allow you to reflash your eeprom from an embedded one in the bios, you must pick the version specific to your box from the menu.  Then you may reboot with the appropriate bios for your xbox version.

By just putting avalaunch on your box, i cant see that it buggered your eeprom without any action from you, but none the less...try the above...it should fix your problem.

The chip was new sealed in the plastic with no bios on it.

I agree with the video issue, but for some reason the smartxx OS seems to be stuck in the japan game region. It wont allow american to be saved. It just keeps reverting back after the save.

Where can I get the flashbios 3.0.3 from?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »

You can get it from xbins....  its a little tricky to find....I think its in the cromwell folder...

slammed2000

• Archived User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

well me and wr6x are working on the same xbox.  I am not sure how to actually reflash the eeprom and i can not find a copy of the flashbios anywhere.  I can get the chip over the network and see the existing eeprom that is there and i can use remote flasher which i have done.  But the realy question is how do you flash the EEPRom.  I can put any bios i want on it.  My other big problem is the video is screwy as he was saying earlier it is like in pal or something he mentioned the japan thing but that is only the game region that should not screw up the video the way that it is.  i do possibly have a ginny pig xbox that is not and will not be going on xbl that i should be able to get the eeprom backup off of.  so if anyone can tell  me how to flash the eeprom that would be great.
thanks

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »

k here is the path to the bios.....
its kinda hard to find on xbins...
/XBOX/bios/Xecuter/flashbios_cromwell/_unofficial/_old/flashbios_3.0.3_rar

flash this to a free bank.  Boot your box from this bios.  It will give you a bunch of options.  Select flash eeprom ver 1.0, or 1.1, or 1.2/1.3, or....you get it just pick the correct version for your box.  It should say successful and tell you to reboot.  So power off the box.  Turn it back on and now boot with x2 4981 if you have a ver 1.0-1.5 or with m8plus_16 if you have a ver 1.6...  this will work.  If you cant read what it says i can tell you what buttons to press blindly if you tell me your xbox version.

wr6x

• Archived User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Jul 21 2005, 09:11 PM)
k here is the path to the bios.....
its kinda hard to find on xbins...
/XBOX/bios/Xecuter/flashbios_cromwell/_unofficial/_old/flashbios_3.0.3_rar

flash this to a free bank.  Boot your box from this bios.  It will give you a bunch of options.  Select flash eeprom ver 1.0, or 1.1, or 1.2/1.3, or....you get it just pick the correct version for your box.  It should say successful and tell you to reboot.  So power off the box.  Turn it back on and now boot with x2 4981 if you have a ver 1.0-1.5 or with m8plus_16 if you have a ver 1.6...  this will work.  If you cant read what it says i can tell you what buttons to press blindly if you tell me your xbox version.

That URL doesn't seem to be a working one.
would it be possible to email me the rar file?
if so, email is:

[email protected]

REALLY appreciate the help with this one!

-justin

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »

Well its not a url....its where it is located on xbins.

Dunno what/where xbins is ???  Read the xbins tut ----> Xbins Tut

wr6x

• Archived User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Jul 22 2005, 12:23 AM)
Well its not a url....its where it is located on xbins.

Dunno what/where xbins is ???  Read the xbins tut ----> Xbins Tut

:blink: Well! Don't I feel dumb  :lol:

Thanks, i'll give it a go

wr6x

• Archived User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(wr6x @ Jul 22 2005, 09:17 AM)
:blink: Well! Don't I feel dumb  :lol:

Thanks, i'll give it a go

So I can't seem to get Xbins to work. I've done exactly what is posted in the tut, and i've used MIRC before, but I can't seem to join #xbins...

jippyjappy

• Archived User
Cant Fix Eeprom Issue
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 03:22:00 AM »

Anyone know the path to UDE_v1.4.zip in Xbins? looked everywhere no luck...a million eyes are better than 2!!!