xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lcd Help!  (Read 46 times)

SuperSayinYoshi

• Archived User
Lcd Help!
« on: June 17, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

Ok, I have used the guide to install my lcd screen, but the funny thing is it works, but dosent!!!
After i installed it, I turn it on and BAM, i get red background..whats so funny is that im not supposed to have red background! Its supposed to be black w/ red letters!!!! This is the lcd i got::: http://www.crystalfo...#CFAH2002ARMCJP
Now, I tried a couple of things like reversed the background wiring, but nothing. I tried to change contrast, but nothing happened. Then tried to ajust in smartXX OS and in XBMC, NOTHING WORKED!!!! I know this lcd is good, but since its maybe a diffrent type it wont really work? I dont know, please....someone help me out here!!!! I have a 1.5 xbx, smartXX v1 chip, and that lcd screen. Please, if anyone can tell me what else I can do OTHER THAN BUYING A DIFFRENT ONE, let me know PLEASE!!!!!!
Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!

John G

• Archived User
Lcd Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

my friend had this problem, i think its because he wired the video leads wrong. i'll ask him and see what he says...but im pretty sure it was the video wire he soldered wrong.

oh by the way i hoped this helped you a little bit

p.s did you put electrical tape over the wires in the motherboard....he said you might have short circuit something in your motherboard