xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Think My Smartxx Chip Is Dead!  (Read 46 times)

StaticzerO

• Archived User
I Think My Smartxx Chip Is Dead!
« on: February 27, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

Hi

I have a v1.0 Xbox with a smartxx v2 chip.  It was installed and working fine for 2 weeks avalaunch is the dash and I have upgraded the HD.  Yesterday I turned on my xbox and got a damn FRAG!  Three retries to boot up on the third i get a red and green flashing eject.

I tried to flip the dip switch on to recovery mode but get the same thing!  I get no emergency repair screen.  The blue and red leds on my chip are on.  Does anyone know what is wrong with my poor xbox?

rastetter

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »

I'd open it up, check all your solder points, maybe the D0 came loose.. I really do not know much about this, but im pretty sure that would cause a frag.. I doubt your xbox is screwed... but good luck

wildgator25

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

Have you tried holding down on the power button when you first boot? When I installed my v2, it fragged the same way on the first boot. However, when I held down on the power button for start up, the SmartXX start up screen came right up. Then again, if you had it working for 2 weeks, this may or may not work for you. Might be a good idea to check and see if your d0 has become misalligned.

StaticzerO

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 05:13:00 AM »

Yea I contacted the people that I bought my xbox from and they want me to send my xbox back to them and they are going to check the chip and my solder points.  

My next question is:

They place I bought it told me that I need to remove my upgraded drive I put in, and replace the factory one, and to make sure that it is not locked in case Ithey have to send me a new xbox.

The problem is that my xbox is locked!  How can I unlock my hd if I cannot even get to the smartxx dash, and for sure not avalaunch where I have config magic?

I cannot boot to a cd or dvd either.  If I get a new xbox can I use a configmagic boot disc and unlock the hd from that in my new xbox even though it will have a different serial?