xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Red/green Fragging  (Read 43 times)

InnoV

• Archived User
Red/green Fragging
« on: October 17, 2004, 02:32:00 AM »

Please help me... I'm pretty new to modding but somewhat experienced, recently put in a DM3+ in ps2 without a glitch..... But having trouble with the xbox.. I have a v1.1 and a Smartxx v2.0. w pin header install

I booted up and and got the orange light/ shutdown/ orange light/ shutdown/ red and green light continuous.. both with and without mod chip. And eject wont work to open drive.

I've been reading the forums for hours now trying EVERYTHING, (i have a 8X microscope so i can see very well)my solder point for d0 is good, no broken traces, pin header install good, no splashes of solder, cables all secure, used volt meter to check voltage on pin header - good, used voltmeter to check traces for pin header - good...

Could someone please tell me what the matter is, I'm at a lost and going insane. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks....  

feflicker

• Archived User
Red/green Fragging
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 02:52:00 AM »

FRAG's without chip installed? Ouch. That isn't a good sign. I know there are a few people on the board who have been able to fix that (depending on what it is), but I have never been able to recover a board that frags even with the chip removed...

pROvIs

• Archived User
Red/green Fragging
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »

sounds liek a 1.6.

check your xcal chip

InnoV

• Archived User
Red/green Fragging
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

it is for sure a v1.1 i double checked the version info on xbox- version detection and went through the steps:

video chip - conexant
  no fan on the GPU
  1 row of pins on the power cable

pROvIs

• Archived User
Red/green Fragging
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »

all i can suggest is make sure you have no solder splashes.

mumraaa

• Archived User
Red/green Fragging
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 09:43:00 AM »

I have a 1.1 xbox, and i was sure that my d0 point was fine when I was installing, but it just wouldn't boot to the SOS.  i soldered to the alt D0 point (underneath the board) and it was good first time.

InnoV

• Archived User
Red/green Fragging
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »

i just unintalled my pin header to see if there were any broken traces or blobs of solder but unfortunantly every thing was excellent. no burn traces or solder splashes...

i checked the entire board over and even without the chip and pin header it does the same thing (Frags) (i check the entire board front and back with a 8X zoom microscope)

the only thing else that i can say to you is that after i unplug it for a day, and then turn it back i do get a x box splash screen for anout 2 seconds then it starts trippin out with lines through it then freezes... it only happens once then the fragging starts again???

does anyone know whick chip could be damaged??? thanks!