xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Only Xbox Bios Loads.  (Read 42 times)

TeleDecoy

• Archived User
Only Xbox Bios Loads.
« on: September 18, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

Can some one tell me what the hell happened..... i installed my Smart xx v2 modchip on a version 1.1 xbox. Well  the xbox loads up and stops where it has the xbox logo and i think it says xbox too. doesnt boot up to original dashboard. Damn it.

bucko

• Recovered User
Only Xbox Bios Loads.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »

Does it display an error? You robebly need to lock your HD, also don't forget to flash a third party bios like X2 4983.06 to your chip from #xbins so you can run your homebrew.

TeleDecoy

• Archived User
Only Xbox Bios Loads.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 09:12:00 AM »

no an error is not displayed ,  i took i t apart to check my soldering and it wasnt that good, but the chip still turned on becuase of the littl red and blue light. So i resoldering the lpc points adn i looked at my D0 point and it was kinda crappy ill tell you waht it looks like and you give me your take....... the solder point itself is kinda big and it touches another little point right next to it so it has two points soldered into one. I dont know how you solder just that one tiny little point the damn solder doesnt want to stick with such a small amount. I dont know how people have on xbox scene did it and i took the solder off and it left a stain. I decided im gonna take it to a professional and have him solder the last point in . Oh yeah and then xbox would load up fully now, but no smart xx OS , but the chip was on. And locking the harddrive how do you do that. I thought you only did that if you wanted to swap for a bigger HD? im getting a evox bios but i just want to get this crap running for now.

marcus21

• Archived User
Only Xbox Bios Loads.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »

Just wait until you get your D0 soldered then it is in your HDD-TOOLS menu under config menu, don't forget to hold both triggers to access HDD-TOOLS.

Note:  D0 is only supposed to be one pad not two soldered together.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by marcus21 on Sep 19 2004, 05:44 PM