xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Smartxx V2.0 + Xbox V1.6 = Weird Fragging  (Read 55 times)

Xkookooman

• Archived User
Smartxx V2.0 + Xbox V1.6 = Weird Fragging
« on: September 16, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »

didnt wanna comment but i have to.  Have u read any of the posts?  A lot of people have had successful installations.  And you even said that you tried with 2 smartxx chips, so that sorta explains that its not the chip...  Check ur soldering dude.

Aphex242

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 07:42:00 AM »

Yeah if two different chips do it and it's 'only that box', I'd say it's your soldering job - as unlikely as you seem to think that is.

kurdt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 05:25:00 AM »

Problem solved. I took SmartXX, put it in my own box and updated SmartXX OS. Then it worked like charm. So, you were saying something about that it isn't the chip?

This is complete bullshit from SmartXX. This is suppose to be completely working solution for 1.6 and I mean their new SmartXX v2.0, but no, sometimes they seem to have old SmartXX OS which doesn't work with newer boxes. My question is that how the hell are newbies going to solve these kinda problems when they don't have another box to update it with or skills to do that?

Next time kookoo maybe you should think twice before saying "dude check your soldering" when somebody says that has done these before and knows that soldering ain't the problem.

Gotta give big thumbs up to SmartXX for this one!

marcus21

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

That was a unique problem, BMMODS has put together or at least has a method of blinly updating the chip because of a lack of video.  I am sure it is here as well!

Blinkey Tutorial!

The chip is the first to work on 1.6, but if you got the chip with any thing older than 3321 i think it wasn't guarenteed to work on 1.6(video wise), you had to blindly update it.  Because your chip was fragging not just no video, in your case i would still watch for little problems like dashes not loading(hanging), Ed seeming a little funky, then you can attribute it to your soldering, even though you don't want to.

As i said it was a unique problem, i would have assumed the same thing right away.

Glad it is working for you!