xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Alternative Solder Points.  (Read 94 times)

rekphour

• Archived User
Alternative Solder Points.
« on: August 13, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

Ok ok... I just got another box. a 1.6 with a smartxx. So I go to install it and everything is great except one thing. I totally murdered one of the solder points to reconnect the LPC together. the point I killed was the southern most point as seen in

user posted image

Anyone know if there is an alternative solder point for this? or a way to repair it? Thank you.

rekphour

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »

since nobody here had the knowledge to be of help, I will post the solution I figured out incase anyone else needs it.

user posted image

the purple point it the one i messed up, resoldered the wire from the top to the correct LPC point and works flawless. TY.

nkcd

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 05:39:00 AM »

thanks rekphour,

Please do not get mad at us since there aren't many of us familiar with the 1.6 version.  I myself have a 1.6 but my chip hasn't come in yet so I haven't been of much help.  Also, I haven't been to the board for couple days, thus can't see the question.  Please don't get mad and again, thanks for sharing the knowledge.  beerchug.gif

nkcd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 06:58:00 AM »

I looked at the first picture and see that all pins are soldered in so I guess so.