xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Getting A Smartxx Now Or Wait For Xecuter3 ?  (Read 95 times)

AE6689

• Archived User
Getting A Smartxx Now Or Wait For Xecuter3 ?
« on: July 06, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »

Well if you already have a modchip you should probably wait for X3.  Now its features aren't really important or useful they just are flashy.  However, if your upgrading modchips you probably want all the extra useless features you can get so I would suggest waiting for the X3.  (I have a SmartXX and it is a great chip and recommend it to anyone but I see X3 as beeing a better one so please no flames.)

cheesy99

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

I just got my SmartXX (my first modchip) and its GREAT for getting up an running, but as you said you already have a modchip, so I imagine you have already gone through the trouble of finding media that your Xbox boots and burning boot disks and whatnot.

With the SmartXX you don't have to do any of that, just go to the SmartXX OS webpage and flash a BIOS and Ed@Chip, then load Ed@Chip and upload your dashboard, and you're pretty much free from there! The only reason I had to burn a boot disk was for upgrading and formating the hard drive (and Xebian)

Prodak

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 08:22:00 AM »

Yes, Xecuter3 will be able to do the same.. right?

Well I think both of them are almost the same, I will wait until Xecuter comes out, and compare prices and features.

I can get SmartXX for 65 dls. shipping included to Mexico. Xecuter 3 will be like $75 I think.

Anyways my xbox is in the repairing service right now. And I wont get it back before 2 weeks at least.

Thanks for the opinions.

christineyoung

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

SmartXX is out, we know its working modchip.

X3 is still not on production run, so they just adapting to compitition and adding features that are not present on there OS.

Just not to favour chips, XENIUM, has had montsh of work saying we will have new OS, said it woudl be final, then what they released beta and foudn alot of bugs.  IN otherwords they lied when they said theye new OS was ready!

DMS..is reliable, but know USB issues with drivers.

X-Chip works, but no OS or taking advanatage of all the chips present on modchip.

But then again, majority just wanst to play games.... so use a chameleon an dyou will be fine.