xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: New Smartxx-os Update  (Read 799 times)

havocaose

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »

customs confiscates chips now?? aren't they completely legal with the cromwell on them, or is the smartxx/xenium bios made with the xdk... i thought it was open gpl but...

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (havocaose @ Feb 26 2004, 08:26 PM)
customs confiscates chips now?? aren't they completely legal with the cromwell on them, or is the smartxx/xenium bios made with the xdk... i thought it was open gpl but...

what are you talking about?

Who said anything about customs confiscating chips?

AE6689

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

Candians will get first crack at them.. since we usually get hosed by customs..
that. tongue.gif

XanTium

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Feb 26 2004, 11:59 PM)
huh.gif i agree that Xantium should be one of the two members , but those two must pay for a plane ticket to germany or will Team SmartXX pay for all transportation costs?

obviously I will not choose myself ... that would be kinda "lame". Apparently they want me to choose 2 names. If they would want me to see it they would just say it directly.

So far I had no reply from SmartXX to my questions. Don't know why but I guess they'll reply soon.

Xeero

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (_ionic_ @ Feb 25 2004, 05:13 PM)
From reading the posts on XS you can exactly find out what parties got their
modchips from what company.

I just advise the people to read all comments again and again. Inclusive
those of moderators. You will quickly realise how the xbox-scene works.

I've owned modchips from very nearly all the companies so I can be impartial.

But........thanks for playing our game.  Glad you cracked our conspiracy. <rolls eyes>

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (AE6689 @ Feb 26 2004, 08:42 PM)
I would assume when you said
Candians will get first crack at them.. since we usually get hosed by customs..
that. tongue.gif

oh that.. well.. we get hit with ALOT of fees sometimes.  It all has to do with the way packages get marked.  (and their declared value)

They don't confiscate anything really.. but.. they will charge Canadians up the ass to get stuff.  Handling and brokerages fees are brutal.

Xeero

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rodent @ Feb 26 2004, 09:30 AM)
Team Xenium built their Mod from buggy sources which were "stolen" from smartXX ftp,
when OzXmods and smartXX were working together...that sources were from october...so all team xenium has got now, is based on work of smartXX team...

Ironic, that no one wants too see this fact, and everyone still bashing on SmartXX...

As I already said, you're repeating what was posted in the news by SmartXX even with your "inside scoop".  I've spoken with a member of OzXodus, and I get a completely different story.  So I guess I've heard both sides.

I've compared it to a divorced couple fighting over custody of their joint child, which I think is the mature and unbiased view.  The way you and other SmartXX fans tell it, SmartXX really does come off like the ungrateful ex-wife who is telling stories to the judge to try to bilk a few extra dollars out of the hard-working guy.

Nobody is ignoring any facts if they think SmartXX are unprofessional.  It's not wrong because it doesn't coincide with your opinions.

Now that Zanga (=Elses) is banned, the truth now can be sweeped much easier under the carpet. errr... i mean "more silence is coming back to these forums"

More conspiracy theories.  zanga was pushing his luck big time when we thought he was a member of SmartXX.  That was probably the only reason he was allowed to pull his crap for so long.  Obviously, we tend to allow teams contributing to the scene a half ounce of leeway given the significance of their role.  But then when SmartXX disowned him as a representative of their team, and once he started editing out all his threads to cover up his lies, well...you can go from there.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

More conspiracy theories

Too many people watching X-Files re-runs I guess. smile.gif

NikAmi

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »

If you have looked at the changelogs for the SmartXX bioses, you will see that most of the changes involve added functionality, not bug-fixes. Because not to many people have gotten their chip and have it installed, not to many people can bug-report so instead of having one huge swarm of bug reports being sent to the modchip makers, like what happened with the xenium, the SmartXX team gets bug reports on a slower yet steadier schedule.

Yuyu

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (phunzoid @ Feb 27 2004, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (NikAmi @ Feb 27 2004, 04:19 PM)
.....so instead of having one huge swarm of bug reports being sent to the modchip makers, like what happened with the xenium, the SmartXX team gets bug reports on a slower yet steadier schedule.

yeah, but that's still what i was getting at....when the Xenium OS had bugs, peops (haters) went nuts....but now when the SMARTXX has some obvious bugs, no one seems to be criticising them for being "premature" on their release

It is kinda fishy how team OZXODUS, if they really did "steal" sources for the OS, were able to fix up their reiteration of the OS so quickly, but SmartXX for whatever reason is still working on fixing theirs... Very weird logic if you ask me, the creators cannot fix it, but the would-be thieves can...

This is just an observation and not a "Bash"...

Just been watching this thread progress so long, thought I would jot down my thoughts as well; everyone else has  rolleyes.gif .. My thoughts on the Super Secret Probation Crypt Stealth Technology, will not be disclosed at this time... I will keep that to myself, as I feel enough people have expressed how I feel about it... ph34r.gif

KingViper

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

laugh.gif

Who Cares Anymore....Buy the chip if you want it.  If you feel its all a conspiracy, dont buy the f*ckn chip.  Wow

KingViper

oblox

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

Here's a thought if it were true wouldn't someone with a mod chip have noticed there live account dying for no reason?

kronium

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

Umm, so what is the latest on the Advanced Cryptocrap technology?  A SmartXX moderator claims that no one from Xbox-scene wanted to come to Germany.  Then a couple newbies who actually own the chips tell the moderator they would go and he just replies with, "hehe yes, i am sure, lots of people want to come."  Well, let them come.  WTF? Then a different moderator claims all chips leave Germany with pin-headers, well maybe except for a very early batch to countries far far away.  Most US customers it turns out are not getting pin-headers!  Oh my God, this is getting better and better every day!

L!M!T

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2004, 09:41:00 PM »

My SmartXX came with a pinheader. Nevertheless, a pinheader should be available at a electronics shop, such as Radio Shack for a couple of cents or so.

And no, I am not a U.S resident.

Gotta say, it's a lovely chip.

Regards,
L!M!T

greengiant

• Archived User
New Smartxx-os Update
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

Iam canadian, proud to be.

The smartxx has shown more concern for their customers than others.

As well as keeping up with the schedules they put out.

Feature wise it has more things.

so it comes down to what YOU want. Xen or Smartxx. Its your choice, and unless you have one to try and play with you cant really comment accuratly.

Iam still waiting on the Xen LCD stuff, while my smartxx already has the lcd working fully from xbmp (havent tried xbmc) and I have made my OWN program to talk to the lcd as well as have made a semi-serial port out of the gpio ports. Now how is that for developer support !
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12