xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some News?  (Read 88 times)

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
Some News?
« on: February 19, 2004, 07:20:00 AM »

tongue.gif

and the manual will explain it? now as much as the rest of us

Frop

• Archived User
Some News?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

Wow that is really cool. I like that idea alot.

dman7

• Archived User
Some News?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

Very Nice!

-Dman

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
Some News?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

attention.. See a fix for all the morons who were complaining about some trivial bs non-exsisting problem.

THERES A QUICK BOOT. now all who complained stfu

AE6689

• Archived User
Some News?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

I have a few questions.  If you have quickboot turned on and no ej wire, how do I access the SmartXX-OS if I need too? Also do you guys have any kind of backup rom in case when you update the OS if something goes wrong (probably already been said but I'm lazy and don't want to search right now =P)

LabMaster

• Archived User
Some News?
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (Frop @ Feb 19 2004, 09:48 PM)
Just use the power button, atleast thats what I understand.

Power Button will Always boot SmartXX os I think, the Eject button can be set up to default boot your favorite bios, if not wired the Eject button would boot what ever is on your TSOP.

yep you are right, thats how it works.

AE6689:
On SmartXX there is a Backupbank with the same size as the working OS Bank.
This Backupbank can be updatet during an OS update.

The Update itself is made in that way, that first only the working bank will be updatet, after that the working bank will be verified to be 100% ok, if that went ok, then the SmartXX starts to update the Backupbank.  This makes sure that on anytime there is one working OS on the SmartXX.

BTW: Updating the OS is smart like the Mod itself. You don't have to handle anything yourself.
You simply have to use a Updatefile as if you would flash a normal bios to the mod. The SmartXX itselft recognizes that it's not a normal Bios, instead it will do the update independent of the bank you've selected for flashing (it automaticly does the right thing)

That all even works over CD, DVD, HDD or Lanflashing over the Webbrowser Interface. You don't have to care about naming or anything other regarding this.

Thats so easy, you don't even need a Manual for doing this.

Best regards

dman7

• Archived User
Some News?
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

Would this work....if I took a simple on/and off switch and connected it on DO wire between the chip and the Do point on the motherboard....Could I boot to the original retail bios with the implanted switch set to off?

-dman