xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Features (here We Go)  (Read 316 times)

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (Flagg3 @ Jan 22 2004, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (Tommy Vercetti @ Jan 22 2004, 04:58 AM)
Flagg do you always have to yell so loud?   You'd think you were a mod or something. dry.gif 

Heheh, I only yelled like that because no matter how many times you post the same thing, 100 people are going to ask if they can use the SmartXX with Xbox Live.  wink.gif

From now on I'll write quieter...

Flagg

LOL  wink.gif

warbeast

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

sleeping.gif Xenium  sleeping.gif

Flagg3 i see what you mean i think we all wish for some kind of super modchip but i still think smartxx is worth my cash unlike some other new mods and if a new chip comes out in 6 months with better hardware ill buy that  

i've got this R.I.P mod chip box with my eingmah matrix xecuter1 xecuter2pro and in a few weeks the xbit will be going in to smile.gif

Puckster069

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

I havent recieved my Xenium yet so I'm reserving judgement.  But never ever ever buy into the more features to be announced hype.  What you see is what you get, if there were more features, or even the possibility of more features they would announce them.  Every chip gives the not all features announced statement, and they never do more then when they were first released.  Again I refer to the Chameleon statement about the updatedable cpld chip... it was announced as a feature, yet what they failed to annouonce was that only they were going to be able to program it, well how is that new?  I'm looking forward to the Xenium (it does indeed look promising), so dont think I'm bashing, just making a point.  Of course I will be purchasing all the new chips and comparing them as they come out, so we shall see.

douceur

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (warbeast @ Jan 22 2004, 08:00 PM)
the smartxx already has more features then the  sleeping.gif Xenium  sleeping.gif

Haha.  Until you can purchase it, no it doesn't.

Flagg3

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (douceur @ Jan 22 2004, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (warbeast @ Jan 22 2004, 08:00 PM)
the smartxx already has more features then the  sleeping.gif Xenium  sleeping.gif

Haha.  Until you can purchase it, no it doesn't.

Hehehh, actually, the nokiaX has more features than the Xenium too!  wink.gif

But until the SmartXX, the X3, and even the legendary nokiaX actually are available for purchase, you really can't judge them...

Flagg

warbeast

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

wink.gif

anyway theres no harm in waiting to see if it will have all the extra features listed i mean if i spent £30 on a Xenium then 1 week later the smartXX came out with 4mb and more features for about the same price i would be pissed. smile.gif

Flagg3

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (warbeast @ Jan 22 2004, 10:38 PM)
ok. it's just that when i read the list on the smartxx site which already has more features listed and MAYBE more to come  i made my mind up to wait for the smartXX i can't see the chip being fack or anything like my nokiaX but do you think this could be some scam or something?  wink.gif

anyway theres no harm in waiting to see if it will have all the extra features listed i mean if i spent £30 on a Xenium then 1 week later the smartXX came out with 4mb and more features for about the same price i would be pissed. smile.gif

Well, if your going to wait, why not wait for the X3 as well?  Plus, I would be very pleasently surprised if the 4mb modchips cost the same as the Xenium.

Just wondering though, other than the extra memory, what features does it list that look so good that you'd really miss that the Xenium or the X3 don't have?  

Flagg

douceur

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (warbeast @ Jan 22 2004, 09:38 PM)
ok. it's just that when i read the list on the smartxx site which already has more features listed and MAYBE more to come  i made my mind up to wait for the smartXX i can't see the chip being fack or anything like my nokiaX but do you think this could be some scam or something?  wink.gif

I was basically just saying that until I can actually purchase a SmartXX, the Xenium far outstrips it, b/c I can use it now and it provides me with features that the non-existent chips doesn't.

Hehe, but I totally see your point.  I suppose now I'm just arguing semantics.  beerchug.gif

warbeast

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

Well, if your going to wait, why not wait for the X3

to tell you the truth after my x2pro2.2 i dont fancy the x3 mod much they make great bios's but i just dont like the mods

i've got a xbit that has a 2mb chip like the Xenium just without the cool extra harware and os and at the mo my xbit has 1x512 TATX debug 1x256 4980 and 1x256 m7 so if i was to add a 1mb os my mod would be full just like if i had a Xenium

i may not need to add anymore bios's right now but who knows what time will tell so the way i see it is if i'm going to upgrade to a mod with a os i might aswell upgrade the memory aswell.

i see the os as a extra that should not be part of the memory used for custom bios's so if it had 1mb for the os and 2mb for the user it would look much better to me

zanga

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2004, 04:03:00 AM »

nice Feature!

u can flash your SmartXX over Network.....

Regards Stephan

jacobesterque

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2004, 06:56:00 AM »

what is the point of the huge 2-8mb flash size on board with like 100 slots (sarcasm)?

MyUtopia

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

As you can see, the price will be 50€. The release Date on the Page is said to be Mid-Febuary.

Greetings,

Would that price include the LCD display?  If not, how much extra for it?

Also - will there be US based re-sellers?  If so, will the prices be the same?

Best Regards,
MyUtopia

mikelsbid

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »

You can get alot of the details if you go to their quaknet support.
When I asked around there, they have been very helpful.  The LCD will be optional is the impression that I had been told. IF you want more details, like possible functions, different options for the LCD, I suggest you go to that #smartxx local they have informed us all of.  As long as you wait around for someone, I have had my best luck around 3:00 AM Central Time.
The total impression I have of this chip is great, forcing me to preorder one last night.
Best intentions,
Mike

Pobbe

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (zanga @ Jan 29 2004, 03:22 PM)
LCD-Display for under 10 €

http://reichelt.de/i...ROVID=0;TITEL=0

sorry is in german/germany

Regards Stephan

Does it have to be a 16x2 display, or can you use any other size?

player1

• Archived User
Features (here We Go)
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

For my taste all the info and the pictures are still pretty vague and not enough to really wake my interest to say Id buy one.

Id like to see more pictures and better detailed descriptions of what these functions actually are and what they do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3