xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 Gs Cromwell (white) Install Probs  (Read 359 times)

Endymion_

• Archived User
Duox2 Gs Cromwell (white) Install Probs
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »

Okay, this might not be a physical install problem, per se.

I've got the LPC board put in and the header. Everything looks good. The 1.6 XBox boots fine with standard BIOS by pressing eject, but booting from the DuoX2GS BIOS gives a blank screen in Bank 0, in Bank 1 it gives a blank screen again, but I hear the DVD drive trying to work. It whirrs a couple times then quits. The eject button light comes to a solid green while the light on the DuoX2GS blinks red.

Is this the "fragging" I keep hearing about, or is the matter that flashbios does not work with some 1.6 motherboards? The 1.6 in question is a Canadian Crystal Edition box if that helps identify a problem board.

Edit: Well I guess it must be fragging. I must not have noticed this before but the red LED is flashing even in Bank 0. Grr. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This post has been edited by Endymion_: Dec 5 2010, 07:40 AM

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:59:00 AM »

The duo should blink red. Double check your soldering work and make sure you have no bad connections or shorts. The flashbios bank can give blank screen on version 1.6b boxes, but Cromwell should boot ok ready for flashing.

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »

By the LPC board I assume you mean the LPC rebuild board for 1.6 xboxs. I would also make sure that is installed correctly as well.

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »

I might be able to help you repair it, but I'm sure we can get this figured out. Does it boot into the stock bios if you take the modchip off the LPC pin header? When you boot it in either bank 0 or 1 does it give the christmas light frag? Or does it just blink red? What does the modchip do? During normal operation it should blink red at a steady pace.

Endymion_

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »

Okay I just tried it again with the chip unplugged completely, the XBox boots and all seems well. So... what could my problem be? I don't guess it's possible my chip has no BIOS on it at all??

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »

might be that cromwell does not like that motherboard. If you have a friend or some one who you will let you try that chip in there xbox and then maybe flash it with a 1.6 bios that might be your only option.

sharer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »