xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Version 1.0 And Duox2  (Read 463 times)

will123

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« on: July 13, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »

I would like to make my question more specific.

1.  if i do try to remove solder, what is best temperature to work at.
2.  how exactly does one get soldering wick into those holes?

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »

will123

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »

Soldering or removing solder.

I just found this link.
Maybe the tip I am using on my iron is not thin enough

http://www.modchipst...;kbarticleid=39

justtaint

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(will123 @ Jul 13 2010, 08:43 AM) View Post

I would like to go with wire install but I already soldered the chip to the top part of the header.  So now I am faced with desoldering the lpc holes or the duox2 on the top surface of the header.

One problem I had was getting the desoldering braid into the hole.   My braid I believe is too wide.   I placed the braid over the hole and placed the iron on top of it and gently pushed hoping it would such it up but it didnt.

One guy on this forum put his iron on 650 f.   I used 500 f.  I dont know if that makes a diff.

In the past I've just used a cheapo 30w soldering iron from RadioShack.  The desoldering braid just needs to be placed over the hole and once it is heated by the iron it will "wick" up the solder.  It takes a second or two to get hot enough to work.  To get the really stubborn places, I will stick the tip in the braid and push into the hole slightly.  (That's what she said!)

will123

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »

Ha Ha:  thats what she said.

Anyway I tried the braid and the sucker but couldnt get solder out of three holes.  so I went with wire method.  I got the wires into the lpc real fast.  It took me all night to get the header off of the chip.  I did it with quickchip (a solder that is slow to turn solid).  tonight I will attach chip to wires.

I have been trying to download slayers.  am I allowed to ask what the best site to get slayers off is?

justtaint

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(will123 @ Jul 14 2010, 12:58 PM) View Post

I have been trying to download slayers.  am I allowed to ask what the best site to get slayers off is?

I'm not sure what the rules are any longer.  I think its safe to tell you to check Xbins.

The rules state "Do not directly, or indirectly link to sites that host or promote piracy/warez distribution. Do not directly or indirectly link to sites that host Xbox XDK or Sony SDK produced files. #Xbins is the only site/channel we’ll allow to be mentioned in the forums regarding hosted XDK produced files."

will123

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »

when I went to that site, i downloaded a link to slayers.  I think it was version 2.5.  I am trying to understand what installer is best for me to add hd.   auto-installer vs slayer.   I dont use much apps,  I am looking for stability.

justtaint

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »

The last build of Slayers was 2.7 (as far as I know).  Not sure what the most up-to-date of AID is.

If all you want to do is add a hard drive, any installer will work for you.  I'd guess that most changes are only updating the apps that are included rather than making the installer more stable.

will123

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »

I am going to post this as a new topic because my problem is no longer removing solder from holes.

Just finished hard mod with v 1.0  duox2.

did wire install

when turn on by eject button the xbox boots fine
when turn on by on off button I see nothing on screen.  the modchips red light does go on and off
The red green frag occurs.  the fan stops and starts a few times.

the weired thing is:  If I keep on turning on and off about 1/20 times i will get the purple evox logo.  I get all excited that "its working but I cant get it to consistently boot from the chip"

ideas?

justtaint

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »

Redo all of your solder points on both the chip and the mobo, paying special attention to d0.

will123

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 05:27:00 AM »

ok i will do that.  visually they all look clean and solid but i dont see any other way other than doing what you said.

scorp316

• Archived User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »

I used a 15watt solder iron and the desoldering braid from Radioshack.   I had a difficult time with the 15watt iron......might want to purchase a 30watt iron instead......as it takes too long for the solder to melt with a 15watt solder iron...got the job done biggrin.gif .........now i need to purchase a modchip dry.gif

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Version 1.0 And Duox2
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(justtaint @ Jul 14 2010, 11:26 PM) View Post

The last build of Slayers was 2.7 (as far as I know).  Not sure what the most up-to-date of AID is.

The last version of AID I have seen is 4.52 and yes, AID is way better IMO as it uses Unleash rather than Evox.