xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox 2 Gs Edition  (Read 151 times)

chatterx

• Archived User
Duox 2 Gs Edition
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »

Hello all,

I bought a DuoX 2 GS Edition and installed it... everything is working fine and all with backup games.

I am wanting to add a larger hard drive to the xbox and store my games on it. I have a general knowledge of how to format a hard drive for the xbox... but my main question is once the format is done, does the hard drive need to be soft modded to add games

If anyone has any info on how to do this I would greatly aprpeciate it.

Alex548

• Recovered User
Duox 2 Gs Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »

· Install hard drive
· Boot AID (Auto Installer Deluxe)
· Follow the on-screen instructions to format/partition it
· Install dashboards/apps/games/whatever you want
· Done beerchug.gif

If you'll be using a hard drive larger than 320 gigs, make sure to format your F (and/or) G partitions to use 32k clusters using a program called XBpartitioner 1.1 (it's on the AID disc).

You HARD modified your xbox, no need to softmod anything.
Just load your original games to the xbox using DVD2Xbox.

Moving to the appropriate forum....

chatterx

• Archived User
Duox 2 Gs Edition
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »

many thanx alex... sorry for posting in the wrong section.... didnt see the duox in the team omega part

chatterx

• Archived User
Duox 2 Gs Edition
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »

this may sound stupid but are you telling me I can do all this stuff (formatting and installing dash) from the xbox itself??

I have found AID 4.30 on demoniod and awaiting a invite from a friend

Also if I stay below a 320 gig hard drive I wont have to do two partitions?? or just make sure to do 32k clusters with a hard drive bigger than 320 if I opt for one partition

Heimdall

• Archived User
Duox 2 Gs Edition
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 03:41:00 AM »

Yes, you can do it all from the Xbox.

There are better ways to get AID - and 4.41 is the latest version. You get AID 4.40, then the 4.41 update pack.

You don't have to use two extended partitions nomatter what size the disk is - you can choose to put all of your space into one large F partition, or split it into F and G. the standard schemes are

- F up to 137GB, G gets the rest
- 50:50 F:G
- All F

You can also manually split the space between F and G in any ratio you like. The first 8GB of the disk is allocated to C,E,X,Y and Z, the rest is available for you to split as you want. If F or G is larger than 256GB then you have to use 32K clusters on that partition, if they are larger than 512k then you have to use 64k clusters - but XBPartitioner 1.1 does that for you automatically.

chatterx

• Archived User
Duox 2 Gs Edition
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

I was getting ready to tear my computer apart to do a drive LOL.

Great information guys, many thanx. I will let you know how it goes