xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installed Chip, Hacked Dash Doesn't Boot  (Read 121 times)

fearthelettuce

• Archived User
Installed Chip, Hacked Dash Doesn't Boot
« on: March 24, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »

I had a friend solder a Duo x2 gs with cromwell bios on my xbox.  Everything seemed OK but when it boots, it goes to the regular dashboard.  I was worried about the D0 connection coming off, it was a pain to get on, and I doubt its making a good connection.  Does anyone have a suggestion for this?  I couldn't find a wire that was small enough, so we had to use a multi strand wire and use 1 strand of it.  

I did read a bunch about cleaning the D0 connection on the board, but I was worried about damaging the board, so I didn't try too hard.  I did get it to where you could see copper rather than silver coloring.

Also, when he soldered the header to the chip, it looks like 2 of the joints may be touching.  I can't really tell for sure, but its possible that they are.

Anyway, sorry for being a noob at this.  Does this sound like a crappy D0 connection?  Or maybe its the BT connection? Or did I just get a bad chip?

xyteam

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »

does your xbox boot backup-games?
if so then you can download slayers auto installer and that will install a hacked dash automatically.

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »

Does the red LED light up on the Duo X2 chip? If so, then you are booting with the modchip enabled, but you still have a stock xbox hard drive with MS dashboard installed. If that is the case, then you just need to install another dashboard (Evox, XBMC, UnleashX, Avalaunch...).

litspliff

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

my suggestion for the D0 is to use the bottom side. it doesn't require any special preparation other than a fresh bit of solder. if you can't find a good piece of wire, take a strand from an IDE cable. that's what i use in a pinch, and it works great.

if the red light isn't coming on, then the chip is not enabled. it should be flashing while the chip is active. if not, then your D0 is crap. if it stays on solid, then you have other problems, and the mobo is prob. FRAGing.

EDIT:

if you are still having problems, check out the tutorials on my site (link below). lots of good info and pics there....

This post has been edited by litspliff: Apr 9 2009, 04:04 PM