xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox 2 Blue  (Read 84 times)

Allegro1

• Archived User
Duox 2 Blue
« on: January 24, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »

Hopefully you put in on a header.  Does the box boot up fine with the chip out?  It should not boot at all until you press the power button (modded) or eject button (non-modded).  You don't need to remove any more LPC holes than are needed to install the header.  Whether a hole is filled with solder or not makes no electrical difference.  Are you SURE you have the chip lined up with the right pins on the header?

bammer85

• Archived User
Duox 2 Blue
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Allegro1 @ Jan 24 2007, 05:00 PM) View Post

Hopefully you put in on a header.  Does the box boot up fine with the chip out?  It should not boot at all until you press the power button (modded) or eject button (non-modded).  You don't need to remove any more LPC holes than are needed to install the header.  Whether a hole is filled with solder or not makes no electrical difference.  Are you SURE you have the chip lined up with the right pins on the header?

Yeah I soldered the header in. I haven't tried it without the chip yet. Does it matter that the D0 and BT are soldered on if I take off the chip? The Bank switch is supposed to be near the back of the case right? I soldered the D0 underneath ran it through, and soldered it to the D0 plate on the chip. The same for the BT. I soldered one end to the plate on the chip and one end to the top Left if your looking at all four. I think I have them lined up right. I went just how the picture told me to do it. I followed directions exactly. Is there a chance that it is dead now?

Yeah but the power thing. It turns itself back on when I turn it off whether it be the eject or power button.