xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Toruble Flashing Duox2  (Read 66 times)

Crypty

• Archived User
Toruble Flashing Duox2
« on: January 08, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

Im trying to install this chip for a friend. He had a 1.6 xbox so I had to use the LPC rebuild borad, but that went over with little difficulty and now the red light on the chip flashes and it boots into cromwell/flashbios.

The problem occurs here. Id prefer to etherflash it but when I go to that option it just sits there at the step "Searching for DHCP server" even though my DHCP server is activated and working.

When I use a burned bios disk, it sounds like the drive is working, but nothing happens on screen. I'm pretty sure I've burned it properly and i'm using my samsung drive which should read the disk fine. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
Toruble Flashing Duox2
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

Which Bios bank are you on?  0 or 1?  Bank 0 has the cromwell bios with the etherboot option and it sounds like you are using that one.  Did you download and burn the Eurasia CD since you need to insert that one before it asks for teh BIOS CD.  If you burned Eurasia on a CDRW (CDR won't work) and it won't read then try a DVD.
  if you insert just the BIOS disc without first running the Eurasia disc, your xbox just spins the disc and does nothing.