xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duo X2 With Missing Flashbios  (Read 58 times)

smokingmods

• Archived User
Duo X2 With Missing Flashbios
« on: January 07, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

I had that happen once on a duox 2, and I played with the chip on the pin header while it booted up just wiggled it a bit and it booted fine after that. then I just switched the chip back to the cromwell (0) and flashed over it with the duox 2 blue and never looked back, this way my flashbios is still there, and its flashed over the cromwell .

now having said that, I do Use the network flash off my router, so that I dont have to play with the damn bios cd's and the varies dvd roms in xbox's.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »

Hello there ...

It is a known issue that the Flashbios thats flashed on bank1 of the duox2 white modchip boots on all xbox models except some V1.6's. If you have a V1.6 then keep turning the xbox off and on and it may boot up for you after several retries. If it never boots then you will need to flash your bios using bank0 Cromwell.

The Duo X2 white modchip comes flashed with CROMWELL on bank0. Cromwell requires Eurasia flashing tool to be able to flash your bios.

To create your Eurasia Flash Disc:
Download DVD Decrypter from ( www.HackDaBox.com in the downloads section ) and unrar it using WinRar ( www.rarlabs.com ) and now install it. Download Eurasia from ( www.HackDaBox.com in the downloads section ) and unrar it using WinRar ( www.rarlabs.com ). Right click on the Eurasia.iso and choose Open With - DVD Decrypter. Insert a DVD-R or CDRW. DVD-R works best on all models but CDRW works on most. Don't use cdr as they don't work on xbox. Choose 1X Write speed and click burn.

Now you need to make a BIOS cd. Use the following bios files for best performance ...

V1.0-V1.5  X2 4981.06 bios (512k).
V1.6-V1.6b Evox M8 Plus V1.6 bios (512k).

Burn the cd using this guide here

Now boot your xbox. Insert the Eurasia Disc. When the tray opens insert the BIOS Cd. Don't press close. The tray will close. The flash process is automatic.

If your controller doesn't work in CROMWELL then remove any memory cards and leave only one genuine Micro$oft controller plugged into port 1. If it still doesn't work use the Micro$oft DVD remote control and dongle (grab a mates if you don't have one as you won't need it for long). If your still having trouble make sure you are using the standard AV cable.

HackDaBox !

http://www.HackDaBox.com or http://hackdabox.eternalnoob.net/

kmaxw

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

I got erasia, burned it to a DVD, got the xecuter bios you recommended, burned it to another dvd and flashed the bios perfectly fine.  It verified and everything.  The xbox shut itself down by itself, and now when I try to turn it on, I get the christmas tree.  I have been looking into hotswapping and using an explot to somehow get a bios on the chip, and am wondering if thats the correct next step.