xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 Flashed And Now Will Not Boot  (Read 62 times)

cafrow

• Archived User
Duox2 Flashed And Now Will Not Boot
« on: December 29, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »

GOT IT TO WORK. Wanted to say that I got it to work, it started up just fine, not sure what was wrong, I tried the connections and everything looks good, maybe just god trying to mess with me or something.

So I decided to mod my brother-in-laws xbox and have not done this in a while so was a little rusty, had some problem with the D0 like usual and ended up screwing the D0 point and the xbox would not boot without a chip, my bro really does not care so I thought it was worth a try and so I installed the chip without using the D0 and linked the BT to the G ( http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...+troubleshooter ) and just like I had hoped I see the FlashBios program load up, the chip worked. I had already download the bios file from x b i n s    and I burnt it to a CD, so I selected Flash Bios from CD, it did so, went thru the Yellow progress bar first, then the Green, then turned off. Now I started it up expeting to see the X logo and the xectur 2 below it but nope, it just frags 3 times, then flashed Red and green. The chip still blicks red so its getting power, I tried to switch banks since this chip is suppose to have 2 512 banks and comes with one of them with Linux and the other FLashBios, well neither of the banks work now. I check the soldering points and they look good, no lose wires or anything, please keep in mind that I do not have a D0 point because my D0 lost its connection anyways so I thought it would just boot the chip. Any input would be great, expecially if you know of a way to fix this, i have a TSOP flashed Xbox myself, if I wanted to try and flash the chip again would I be able to do so with my TSOP xbox? if so how would I do that?

Thanks

PS. I used this Bios file "Xecuter2_4976_MultiVer_256k" and made it into a 512k file.

This post has been edited by cafrow: Dec 30 2005, 05:56 AM

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox2 Flashed And Now Will Not Boot
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »

What version box is the chip in. the bios you used will not work on anything after a 1.3.