xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Controller Ports 3 And 4 Don't Work With My Duo X2  (Read 71 times)

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Controller Ports 3 And 4 Don't Work With My Duo X2
« on: December 07, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »

If they worked fine before the install then you did something..Check 1st that they are plugged in to the motherboard..If you have a 1.0 xbox with the daughter board then you could have damaged it when you removed it...Check your BT connection for your Eject Problems

KillerZ123

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

I have Installed a Dou X2 in my 1.0 xbox and as i was doing it I bumped the daughter board and when I put it back together ports 3 and 4 didn't work. When I checked the daughter board it was connected loose to the motherboard I tightned it, turned it back on and they worked. So if its a 1.0 xbox it could be the daughter board like ModdingManiac said.

novakpower

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(NoLeafCloverari @ Feb 4 2006, 09:34 PM) View Post

I just finshed installing my Xecuter 3 and I've noticed my aftermarket controller(MadCatz) doesn't work in any port(1st,2nd,3rd & 4,th) when i enable the chip..However when i switch back to the game mode it works perfectly..Once I plugged in the original xbox controller I had no problems with the chip anymore(Although at first it scared me and i thought i screwed up) ..Maybe you're using aftermarket controllers..
ps. By the way anyone knows why that's happening ..Just wondering.
                                                                                                  Arlind

Arlind, are you running an X3 bios?  The flashbios that ships with the X3 needs an original xbox controller, but after your flash you should be ok.