xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duo X  (Read 82 times)

guitarfrk

• Archived User
Duo X
« on: October 07, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »

hey guys...
          just ordered a duo x2 cromwell edit..for my 1.6 v softmodded box..

installed with lpc rebuilt board thingy (that came with chip)  pulled out the two pins...and on first time it fragged on 3rd boot...only problemn is i dont have video...i dont mean like a black screen...like the sdcreen doesnt even flicker when i power on my box...so i turned it off.(note light was flashing red / green on box)...mow on powerup..it goes once and stops..like on off and thats it.. ive tried using a diff 3.3 source but now the mod chip lite doent even come on(EDIT>>LIGHT WORKS AGAIN AFTER TAKING OFF AND PUTTING MOD CHIP BACK ON)..but is still shutss off after first boot....even with chip out...same thing happens.....

all i can think of is that whin soldering the lpc rebuild thing on i kinda berowned a little spot on the mobo..

PLZZZ HELPPPP

jitster

• Archived User
Duo X
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »

You might get help if you post in the cheapmods forum

Code-Runner

• Archived User
Duo X
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

First I would not recommend the LPC rebuild, you can do a far better and traceable job with wire.

It sounds like one of the rebuilds are not properly connecting, you might need to use a MM to trace back for bad solders.

guitarfrk

• Archived User
Duo X
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 08:23:00 AM »

yah its fraggin now with a red/ green light but still no video.. i traced a connection we made wit  the lpc bc there was one connection we werent sure bout...and it led to the video chip..soo ima redo that connection an see...is it ok to turn my box off while its flashing red/green....cuz last time i did it wouldnt frag again..i had to wait forever to be able to do it again

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Duo X
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »

OK well first i would try to remove the rebuild board using solder wick / braid. Unplug the chip and remove any wires you have soldered to the motherboard / eject switch. You first have to get the motherboard working again with video without the chip for the moment and undo any damage you have done so far.

You may have bridged ( drop a bit of solder on the motherboard and now it's shorting 2 traces or legs of an ic somewhere ) you will have to examine the motherboard ( both sides ) using a mag glass and a good light !

Once the motherboard fires up and doesn't frag ( flash red and green ) then you can start to install the chip again but this rebuild the lpc using wires !

Here is my duox2 install page HackDaBox's Duo X2 Install Guide !

HackDaBox !

guitarfrk

• Archived User
Duo X
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »

ya..thats wat ima do bc we just bought some reallly thin wire...

thx for the help