xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 Problem  (Read 87 times)

asw

• Archived User
Duox2 Problem
« on: September 24, 2005, 10:15:00 PM »

I dont understand what went wrong here.

I had the chip installed and working perfectly for about a week until i decided to install an optical out.  I installed the optical out and the chip stopped working.   I have since taken all the connections for the optical out off, as if nothing was there to begin with and the chip is still not working..(fragging)

I have checked and redone all solder points and they look ok to me.  I have used a multimeter to test voltages and i have found some problems but i am unable to fix them.  one is the 5.0v is reaing about 2.0v.  and the other is the lad2 point...which is not reading anything. (i tested the lad2 connection on the motherboard when the box was on and it was getting a good voltage).  I attemepted to use the alternate point on the top of the motherboard but could not get that to work.

the chip turns on and MS dash works fine with the chip disabled.  but i am stumped as what to try next.  And like i said i had the chip working fine before i attempted the optical connection, but that should have nothing to do with the chip...I am stuck..  

Any help would be welcomed