xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 Not Working On 1.6  (Read 92 times)

Mario4885

• Archived User
Duox2 Not Working On 1.6
« on: August 30, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »

So i never have used one of these lpc rebuild boards before, and I ordered a few Duox2s (blue) and they came w/ em (never came with them before), and so i figured i give 'em a shot, something new to do.

Of course, it turns out that the regular old wire rebuild is much easier.  Its hard to judge if the connections to the lpc are true, being that the board mostly covers them up, and it just makes things over complicated.  only advantage is it makes the D0 point easier, i think.  But anyways.....

So booting with the chip off, goes to MS dash like normal.  Booting with the chip on, however, and i get a frag, with the led on the chip constantly flashing red.  Very lame.  Ive double and triple checked and fluxed and resoldered the lpc points, but to no avail, i still get no power through pin 6.  At least its not a D0 problem, right?  Btw, i have shorted the "always on" pins for testing, the BT is not connected to eject right now.

Any suggestions to what i could look for that would cause my problem?  No broken traces or solder splashes near the lpc.  I wish i could just take this damn rebuild board off and do a wire install, but i cant find my braid, and desoldering looks kind of risky, dont wanna lift any vias or anything.  pls help.

thanks
sheriffdane

appleguru

• Archived User
Duox2 Not Working On 1.6
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

Sounds to me like yoiur chip is only getting 3.3v and not 5v.. Try running a jumper wire from the alt 5v point (the one used for xecuter installs) to pin 6 on the top of the chip.

http://www.teamxecut...16/x3_alt5v.jpg

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Duox2 Not Working On 1.6
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »

Do not use the rebuild boards if you are a noob as they will just hinder the install process !  destroying whatever confidence you once had !

Pro installers can use them if they choose , if soldered correctly they work fine !

Lots of led problems dying in the clones ? check to see if you have a clone Duo X2 Clones !

Pin 6 should get 5volts if your rebuild wires are soldered well and to the right places !

HackDaBox !