xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2... My New Favourite Chip  (Read 138 times)

Zarrinnis

• Archived User
Duox2... My New Favourite Chip
« on: July 30, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »

Yah. Duox2's are great and easy to install. Installed one to my friends xbox's and it was fairly easy. Didn't have any troubles with it.

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

smile.gif . You just earned your * i have installed a duo chip* badge in xs - scouts  dry.gif  .  Jk man....yeah duo's are great....i have recently started installing duox2's little brother....duox2 lite, and now that it is cheaper than a x4032 i dont know why i havent gone over to only using them

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »

i love the duox2s cause they are the easiest chips to install
my record is 20 min (flashed and everythking) and i hope to beat it

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 01:09:00 AM »

Yeah easy to install and the

power = hacked bios and
eject = ms bios

is alot better than aladdin's hold power for a few seconds ! this is a great feature thatys often not mentioned !

HackDaBox !

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

ChuckBales

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vibers @ Aug 1 2005, 12:03 AM)
The duo x2 white ed. has worked like a charm on my 1.6 box with the x2 5035 bios, but i flashed it over the Flashbios.. is there any way to reflash the 256k Flashbios bios to the biosbank? I would really like to have the flashbios as a failsafe option on my chip... or is it possible to flash both banks with a 1m bios like the xecuter2.6?

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »

because i cant find a 512k flashbios file, but i can make a 1m file containing 2x Flashbios with the X2 Bios Manager.

Your logic does not quite add up there. You can't find a 512k flash bios but you can make a 1 meg file by using 2 x Flashbios. well using 2 x 256k flashbios file makes 512k in my calculations and this is infact what you need. So take the correct route and double the 256k file and flash bank 1 with the resulting 512K file
Boot from bank 0 load up your preffered flash app and BEFORE the flash switch the bank switch to bank 1 and the 512k file will flash bank 1 leaving your X2 bios still on bank 0

Vibers

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 02:41:00 AM »

smile.gif The problem was that i flashed over the flashbios in the second bios bank... I want it back!

But thanks to otherguy i now have a 512k Flashbios file! Thanks biggrin.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

Yes Chancer, I can make as i said, a 1m bios containing 2x flashbios

You are missing the point you said
because i cant find a 512k flashbios file

Yet in the first statement quoted you said you can make a 1mb file using 2 x Flashbios + your X2.
What are you doing ? Just make a 512K bios using the 2 x Flashbios in XBtool and flash it on to the second bank. You are making an easy task in to something difficult with all this 1mb bios and stuff like that. You don't flash 1mb bios of any description to a DuoX 2.

Vibers

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »

The problem is already solved, but i could't save before i had filled up all banks in xbtools.. Maybe thats because im new to xbtools, but i have got around the problem now, so i'm happy:)