xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Problem Flashing Duox2  (Read 273 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Problem Flashing Duox2
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »

Sorry to disagree with everyone here. But the soldering looks a problem to me. The solder does not look to have flowed correctly, the stripped wire ends (even on the repair) are far too long and could easily short out onto something else.Pins 1 and 2 on the wiring of the chip already look to be touching
maybe I looked at the wrong pictures

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Problem Flashing Duox2
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

Yeah i hear what your saying Chancer but did you read this ...

Cubist: the majority of the solder is on the top of the LPC and thats where the connection is. Although I admit that it is messy to the point of embarrasing, those wires are solid enough to pick up the entire mobo by individually and none of the solder joints touch each other on top. (Those connections are the first I did on the project, and my skills have improved a lot even since then!)

I am just trying to rule out everything else and then i will ask that the install is re-done this time using the pin headers.

HackDaBox !

Chancer

• Archived User
Problem Flashing Duox2
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

kingNOTHING42

• Archived User
Problem Flashing Duox2
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »

All right guys, I see all of your points and although I'm not sure that I'm going to get to fixing all of it tonight I will get back to you when I have it all done better, get more supplies, etc.

My parents are starting to get on me about doing something else, cutting my losses(on money spent on the chip), and all that great stuff parents do.  Like you said Cubist, lots of time and energy has been spent the past three weeks on this.
Pages: 1 2 [3]