xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 Woes  (Read 203 times)

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Duox2 Woes
« on: February 02, 2005, 12:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Liger @ Feb 2 2005, 04:33 AM)
And my chip came wired with the BT point wired to point 3 or pin 6 and the D0 point wired to the point in between A and B. I'm using a solderless adapter as well btw.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Duox2 Woes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »

Where in the HELL did you get those instructions from ????? allways check the website of the makers of the damn chip before trying to tie ground to pin 6 and put a wire between points 7 8 and 2 but you could allways add a resistor to points 8 9 and 10 !

HackDaBox !

antz1970

• Archived User
Duox2 Woes
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

with bt connected to pin 9 (as you have) your duox2 will be "always on" to be able to switch it on or off disconnect the bt to pin9 wire , and run a wire from bt to the back of the eject button(pics of the exact point can be found here

antz1970

• Archived User
Duox2 Woes
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 07:20:00 AM »

to be able to hotswap the chips bt needs to be connected to pin 9 on the quicksolder area (2nd pad down from d0) The chip you boot up on must also be done like this evox should flash it no probs for you after that , if however you are installing a chip that you want to turn on or off , bt needs to be connected behind the eject board , mmmmmmmm as its a solderless adapter u may need to connect your d0 to ground as well , altho in an install u would unground it if you wanted the on / off option

dont even think im making sense anymore lol][

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Duox2 Woes
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »

I don't know of these points "A" and "B" of which you speak, but it definitely sounds like your seller connected BT to 3.3V, and the D0 "spring" wire to ground, so that the chip would always be on.

The only way to have power/eject on/off functionality is to have the chip wired to the power/eject front panel or to its connector on the motherboard.

You can do this yourself by changing (soldering) two wires from your current setup.

Remedy

• Archived User
Duox2 Woes
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 08:43:00 AM »

I'm having problems aswell with this chip. But instead of the modchip always engaging it never engages, the regular flubbber than MSDash keep booting regardless of pressing the power or eject buttons.

The BT point is soldered securely to the top left point of the eject button and I soldered the do point securely on the botton d0 point. But for some reason it won't engage. It's like the thing isn't there.

I've got another one but I don't want to open it up if I don't have to.

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Duox2 Woes
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Liger @ Feb 4 2005, 07:24 AM)
Ok this is waht I've done.

Liger

• Archived User
Duox2 Woes
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Remedy @ Feb 4 2005, 02:49 PM)
I'm having problems aswell with this chip. But instead of the modchip always engaging it never engages, the regular flubbber than MSDash keep booting regardless of pressing the power or eject buttons.