xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duo X2 Quick Question  (Read 198 times)

furrytoyx

• Archived User
Duo X2 Quick Question
« on: January 23, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »

Sorry Druss no way to tell if it's flashed just by looking.  You will just have to install it and see.    If it's not flashed it won't work but it won't do any damage either, just make sure the switch is in position 0 for a 1.0 xbox.

antz1970

• Archived User
Duo X2 Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »

chances are m8 on bank 0 you will have an executor type bios of some flavour , i wouldnt worry about it

custom-xmodz

• Archived User
Duo X2 Quick Question
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

Yes the blue duos normally come with X2 bios on bank one and M8 on bank 2, or if you have a white duox2 then they have the legal flashbios installed (2nd bank allows network flashing).

I like your gemmel inspired name too.

DJH

zweef_jr

• Archived User
Duo X2 Quick Question
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »

on bank 0 is EVOX M8 BIOS and on bank 1 is EVOX M8 1.6 BIOS.

Chancer

• Archived User
Duo X2 Quick Question
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 08:56:00 AM »

on bank 0 is EVOX M8 BIOS and on bank 1 is EVOX M8 1.6 BIOS.

When did the Xecuter bios disappear from bank 0??
I repaired one of these chips damaged for a guy off this forum last week and the board was green instead of blue (Hyundai stamped on in white instead of AMD) Not had any of these all mine are blue and come from an authourised reseller. It seemed to work ok.

custom-xmodz

• Archived User
Duo X2 Quick Question
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

I have had them with Hyunadai, amd and fujitsu chips.

They were all from the manufacturer, tho the fujitsu only seems to take a 512k bios while the others will work happlily with a 256k one (yes I know it's meant to 512k anyway).

Just try booting off bank 2, I know it's evox m8 1.6 but it's enough for you to boot and re-flash, then just switch the bank before you flash so you got 2 working banks again.

All duos come flashed with something whether it's a hacked bios or flashbios (white board)

DJH