xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duo X 2 Cromwell/flashbios Edition  (Read 283 times)

spyvie

• Archived User
Duo X 2 Cromwell/flashbios Edition
« on: January 16, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

Am I correct in assuming that since it comes with a cromwell bios that I can flash one of these chips in the same fashion as the xecuter 2.x chips?  i.e. I can flash both banks with bios of choice from disc.

JWJ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »

well whtever you do dont get linux edition cromwell I can't get it off my spiderchip

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »

you have that problem because for some reason, you over wrote the flashbios, with a cormwell that isnt a flash bios...i thought you had fixed that issue....

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 04:23:00 AM »

The Duo X2 has the correct Flash bios anyway. (Not the Linux) Unseen Shadow is right you only have an issue because you have incorrectly flashed its not aproblem with the Flashbios.
spyvie yes you can flash each bank via a bios disc with a bios of your choice.

spyvie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

Thanks chancer but do I have to flash each bank seperately with 512 k bios or can I use a 1 Meg bios.bin to flash both simultaneously?

Sorry if this sounds like a dumbass question but everything I've read for the duo x2 involves booting and then flicking the switch to flash the other bank.  

I just want to confirm that the same 1Meg bios disc i used for my xecuter 2 will also work to flash both banks on the duo x2.  I just don't want end up with a bad flash and have to piss around with a hot swap or something.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »

I have always used 512K to flash each bank seperate. the ones without the switch could defo be flashed with just 1 bios image but you will need 2 for this one. Just boot the bank you want to flash and flash that one. Make sure its ok and then switch off and flick the switch and boot that bank and flash that.
At least this way you will still have 1 good bank to enable a flash if 1 bank goes wrong.

spyvie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

Got it.  Thanks for the clairification.