xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox V1  (Read 257 times)

Mattyb2001uk

• Archived User
Duox V1
« on: January 11, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »

I was in the middle of playing a game when the Xbox Switched off.  I opened her up, Powered her back on and no Light on the Modchip.  I checked the D0 wire and thats fine.  I did though, disconnected the wire from the chip to the eject button as I never use Xbox live so I don't need to turn the chip off.  Now I'm stuck.  All the connections look good.  Any Ideas?

Mattyb2001uk

• Archived User
Duox V1
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »

Bump!

antz1970

• Archived User
Duox V1
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 04:31:00 AM »

if using the duox without the BT  to  eject button wire ,the BT has to be connected to 3.3v (point G on the install diagrams) not sure what number it is tho m8 , maybe someone else can step in and tell ya the number (altho its pretty easy to work out if you have any of the duox2 install diags)

Mattyb2001uk

• Archived User
Duox V1
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 06:15:00 AM »

Appreciated, Thanks.  I reconnected it and it works.  Another prob is:

I have made a minicase and and the Hdd is located just above the chip.  When I shut the case the chip turns off.  is it possible that the Hdd is too close and is causing it to switch off.  Here is a little diagram.  Please excuse the crap drawing.  I have burnt my right hand pretty bad on a soldering iron and its in a bowl of cold water.

user posted image

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox V1
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »

The pin to connect to is Pin 9 which is 2 up from the D0 pad and is indeed marked on the Duo site as the G point
Its likely the drive is shorting something out if the box shuts of straight away.
If it takes a while then you need to rig some sort of cooling fan but without seeing the case its hard to say